“not a resort/spa by any means”

Grand Traverse Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Acme
Reviewed 19 July 2014

location 10miles away from Cherry Festival activotoes with NO hotel transporation help was a big negative. Fireworks, airshow etc was "get there on your on, ie TAXI"

There are newer reviews for Grand Traverse Resort

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was my 4th stay here for a conference, and it is always nice. Checking in was simple, they seemed very well trained on how to check in a non-paying conference attendee. (Not all places are...) The room was nice, and clean, but was lacking a fridge, which would have been nice. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, however, the beds are very high off the floor, so short guests or those with disabilities may have a hard time getting in bed. We did not eat or shop at the hotel, as it is a bit pricey. The atmosphere of the hotel is very inviting, and it was very quiet at night. The conference area is large, with many rooms, but they are all in one general area, which made navigating easier. I probably wouldn't stay here on my own because it is a little high for my budget, but if I were looking for a nice place to stay, this would be it.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

While it's not a high priced Sunday brunch at $19 per person. However, it was just average.

We went with some friends and we had an enjoyable meal. The food and presentation were just ok.

Salmon, eggs, omelet bar, eggs Benedict (not bad), pancakes, some dinner options and lots of desserts.

If you are looking for an all you can eat breakfast...maybe. Not sure about my return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights in a tower room. Room were nice size with decent quality softer mattress and quality linens. Our room had 2 sitting chairs an ottoman and a writing desk with chair, small wet sink and refrigerator, very comfortable. We were on the 8th floor with a nice view of the bay. The view was the best feature of the stay. Large bathroom with whirlpool tub.
It was cool outside a good part of the day so we used the indoor pools (2) and hot tub. The pool, spa and exercise facilities were clean and top notch. Pool toys and small water slide for children and lap swimming each night from 9 to 10 PM.
Had a breafast buffett in the cafe which was ok but not recommended. My visit was for a convention and the lunch and dinner food was very good. Decent, fast wi fi included with the room. Most of the staff were friendly, professional and helpful.
If you stay in a tower room make sure it is not a corner room as they are 30 % smaller than the other rooms.

1  Thank gk681
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am not really impressed with this 'resort', and it takes a lot for me to be disappointed... in a nutshell, I have a freezing cold draft coming through my heating system in early March that management says they cant fix or plug, the room service came this morning with an empty plate covered in bread crumbs where our toast was supposed to be, and the resort did say they have a shuttle to down-town Traverse City which now they don't (or never did). Not sure how they expect guests to be content in cold rooms, improper food, and lack of transportation to the very city centre they depend on.