“A must do while in Adrian”

The Governor Croswell Tea Room
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Adrian
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is open 2 1/2 hours before each performance at the Croswell Opera House. Please call to reserve your table.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The tea room is unique, quaint, relaxing and fun. The service here is top notch, the friendly owners (Al and Phyllis Wilkerson) are often present, and the food is delicious. The location in downtown Adrian is perfect and very convenient (next door) for those attending a play at the Croswell Theatre, just make sure you call ahead to make sure the Governor Croswell Tea Room is open if you are combining it with a play. Men, women and children equally love this place!

1  Thank umgoblueToledo_Ohio
SweetAftonTeaRoom, Owner at The Governor Croswell Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2014

Thank You for your excellent review. We appreciate your business at our restaurant. Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I took a friend here for lunch on another friend's advice and was not disappointed. The owners have taken great care to create an atmosphere of elegance. The décor is Victorian and invites a stroll just to take it all in. The menu includes many authentic items from the British Isles including an excellent tea selection. My friend and I opted for tea sandwiches with a cup of soup and were not disappointed. The roasted red pepper bisque is excellent and the wide variety of tea sandwiches assures that there is something for everyone. For those on the hungrier side, I noted in the menu more hearty offerings such as shepherd's pie. We were seated at a table by the window and were never rushed. We enjoyed an afternoon of conversation, people watching, and excellent food. The chocolate tart was exceptional and a lovely ending to a perfect tea. I would highly recommend this place for lunch with friends.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I took all the girls in my family at Christmas. We had just the best time. The only bad part was trying to decide what tea to have, so many good choices to choose from. The Tea Room is do in such good taste, the people were very friendly and helpful.
I am so glade to have them in our little town
If you are looking for a nice place for a outing do try Tea Room

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant. Not only is it beautiful inside, but the food and teas are delicious. Everything I have eaten is very good but my personal favorites are the quiches and the chicken pot pie. The teas are so yummy and my personal favorite is the orange cinnamon spice which is so good, I don't even need to add sugar...and I add sugar to EVERYTHING! ;)

My husband and I love to eat here, especially before attending a show at the lovely historical Croswell Opera House which is located next door. We feel like we step into another time when we walk thru the doors. The "everyday" decorations are lovely enough, but you must see the tea room at Christmas, it is spectacular! I also love the memories I've made eating here with my friends! It's the perfect place to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, baby and wedding showers, etc. I also think it is romantic and love to visit the tea room with my husband.

The desserts are delicious here too, my personal favorite is the sponge cake with lemon curd and raspberry sauce. Perfect for the summer since it is so light and airy. The scones are great too and I come in on occasion just for a pot of cinnamon orange tea and scones.

Even though the atmosphere is quite formal looking, this is a come as you are establishment. Sometimes you will see women I hats, gloves, all decked out in their finest clothes but you will also feel at home in a t-shirt and jeans. Sometimes I like to wear tiaras, because where else can a lady wear one these days!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have been to the Govenor Croswell Tea Room many times and it is always amazing. Not only is the food wonderful but the setting is beautiful and the staff is fantastic. The best experience I had there was a "girl's tea" with my mom, sister-in-law, daughter and neices (ages 10, 9 and 6). The staff gave the girls smaller cups and saucers and went the extra mile to make them feel like little princesses. I have also enjoyed a quite lunch with my husband, and a pre-show lunch with a girlfriend. I highly recommend this place! Its a hidden jewel in Adrian.