“"Mamma Mia!" was excellent”

The Croswell Opera House
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Adrian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Croswell Opera House is the oldest theater in Michigan and the third-oldest continuously operating theater in the United States. We specialize in Broadway-style musical theater but also stage plays, concerts and occasional special events. The high quality of our productions draws patrons from across southeast Michigan and northwest Ohio.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This venue is exceptional. I can't believe it is in Adrian, MI. We drove up to Adrian from Maumee, OH to see this theatre and their production of "Mamma Mia!" The sets, staging and lighting were top notch. This is way more than a community theatre. There is an attached bar in the front of the theatre that is very attractive and a great place to spend some time prior to the show.

All reviews
"community"
"lighting"
"drama"

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The Croswell Opera House is such a gem. I think of it as the heart of this darling town. People come from miles around to see shows here and to perform in this community theatre that consistently puts on an excellent variety of professional quality works in a historic house that, after an exquisite multi-million dollar renovation, is simply stunning. The folks who run the place couldn't be warmer or more welcoming, and there's a wonderful opportunity to mix and mingle with friends, strangers who will soon be friends, and the people who design, direct, and perform in the shows before and after a performance at Farver's, the classy bar connected to the theatre.

I see theatre all over the state every week, and have seen shows all over the world--in some of the finest opera houses on the East Coast and in Europe--and it's not an overstatement to say I easily count the Croswell high among that list of gorgeous, historic, places with world class live performance. I've been very impressed by the world premiere in the black box space upstairs, and an innovative contemporary family drama on the main stage I just saw, and I look forward to seeing one of the big musicals soon. Every season offers something for everyone. It's worth the trip to Adrian just to check out a show here, and it's absolutely not to be missed if you're in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have been going to the Croswell for many years. The productions have been
exceptional and getting better all the time. Just went through a huge renovation
and it is worth seeing the Croswell just for the tour. Everyone should go see a
production and see how professional that theater is.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This was the first time for the four of us visiting this theatre and we loved the theatre and the play. We happened to go on a day when there was a parade going on so had to circle around a bit to get there. Would definitely go back to see another performance. There was such a long line for snacks that we did not partake.