“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Adrian
Oakville, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I viisited Adrian Michigan on Novemener 22, 2013 for one night along with 3 of my sisters and brother in law ....to celeberate the 82nd birthday of my 4th sister who lives in Adrian . We all stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed our stay . We are grateful to Lindsey in particular for making all the arrangements ....which included one handicapped room. We found the hotel rooms to be quite clean and the service to be excellent at the front desk.
The warm breakfast was very good and the lady that served us in that area was quite helpful and thoughtful with our needs.We definitley would stay there if we were in Adrian again .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I want to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Adrian Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your feedback and the staff will love to see your kind words. It is our goal to ensure that every guest stay is a Perfect 10. We realize that we are not always able to deliver that kind of experience but this is what we strive for. We are grateful for the opportunity to accommodate your needs. I wish your sister a happy birthday and we hope that you will think of us again next time you come for a visit

Adrian Holiday Inn Express

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Alpena, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Would like to give this hotel more stars - especially since the front desk young lady was very nice however the hotel is just average in a town with few options. Essentially - if you are going to stay in Adrian you really only have 2 choices; this and the Super 8. They are next to each other and comparable. We had no issues. The stay was relatively uneventful and the beds comfortable. House keeping forgot to clean our room one night so I had to go to the desk to get towels and such. Not a huge issue just a little annoying. They are in the process of redoing the outside of the hotel which did not interfere with the stay. All in all, I will stay there again as my daughter is in college. The front desk people are nice and accommodating. The property is a bit overpriced for what you get but with limited competition, I think it is probably the best of what Adrian has to offer.

Room Tip: Chose the top floor on a end. The building is wood frame and transmits noise more that a concrete b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear TBTSM,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that the service you received from our front desk staff were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Adrian and honestly there is only 4 hotels in the area so my choices were very slim.

Check in was quick and the lady at the counter was nice!

My boyfriend doing a Nascar Experience the next day and all we wanted was a good night sleep. We asked for a king room but got a room with two "queen" beds. I think they were full size. The room was clean been needs major updating. It all just looked more old and run down but since it was clean and the bed was comfy we just called it a night! Hotel had plenty of parking, breakfast in the am was slim picking but enough to find at least something.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I want to thank you for your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I am pleased that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and that you were able to enjoy a good night of rest. You will be pleased to know that we will soon be undergoing a major renovation in which all guest rooms and public areas will be updated. Upon you next visit to Adrian we invite you back to see the changes we have gone through.

Thank you again for your business.

Richmond, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We recently stayed here for a quick trip to Michigan. The hotel is conveniently located close to restaurants and the Adrian mall. The rooms have two (2) queens beds which is better than the two (2) full beds you get a other places. They have an indoor pool and fitness center. Vending machines are only located on the main floor. They do offer free breakfast which I didn't utilize. The rooms are comfortable. They have no closet. The Wi-Fi was very week and I believe I ended up connecting to the Super 8 next door.

Room Tip: They do have an indoor pool, but it is not heated.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we were not able to better accommodate your needs and give you a better experience. It is our goal that every guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us. I will certainly look into the poor wireless signal, that is unacceptable. We hope that you stay with us again on any future trips to Michigan.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I had a meeting in the lobby last night. There were 3 areas where bananas were piled for guests to eat. They were all black and had fruit flies hanging around. Not the greatest first impression to see dozens of rooting bananas. However, my room was clean and sufficient. Microwave and fridge in room. Air conditioner worked well. The elevator worked fine. I noticed in other posts that there were issues with the elevator. Lots of restaurants close by and a Meijer down the street.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, we value you as a loyal guest and your comments are very important to our success. I am sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience you had in our lobby. Your comments are well noted. At times we have an abundant number of bananas that do not get eaten and it is our wish to not waste them. However, to your point, this can cause the attractions of unwanted pest. Therefore, because of your feedback we will ensure that in the future this does not cause an unpleasant situation. I want to thank you for your positive comments regarding overall cleanliness and improvements in the elevator. We have worked diligently on improving this elevator because of past comments and concerns and we are proud to have our efforts recognized. Thank you again for your valuable comments and we hope to see you again soon in Adrian MI
Barboursville, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I only stayed one night. Came to visit with family. This hotel is really clean. The granddaughters loved the pool and the breakfast was very good. I would stay there again. When I called to make the reservation I was asked what the nature of my business was in Adrian. At first I was taken aback by that question. The receptionist offered me a great price and I now understand why she asked that question. I appreciated the smiling, dedicated and friendly staff and will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
I want to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Adrian. We appreciate you taking time to give us some feedback. I am pleased that you were able to rate us a 5 out of 5 on all areas. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you while in Adrian. We hope to see you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent 3 night there while attending a festival recently. They afforded us the privacy we requested, gave us a nice clean room with microwave and fridge. Good location for Faster Horses Festival, nice breakfast every morning. Quiet pool when we wanted, 24 hour fitness room. Only glitch was with room keys, several times. Was like they changed the codes or something, had to go back to desk to have new cards made for some reason.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the top floor, away from elevator...quieter at the top.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Adrian, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your recent 3 day visit with us while attending the Faster Horses concert. We appreciate the feedback you have provide and we appreciate the opportunity you gave us to serve you as a guest. I am pleased that you had a good experience with us, but our goal is excellence. We want your stay to be a Perfect 10. I apologize that you had issues with you key card and I know that can be an incovenience. Our staff should do a better job of informing guests to keep keys away from cell phone, credit cards, etc as those devices can reset the card. We continually strive to improve our service and if you are back in the area again gives us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adrian
Carlton Lodge
Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo
Quality Inn Dundee
Quality Inn Dundee
#2 of 4 in Dundee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Adrian? Share your experiences!