Carlton Lodge
    Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Average 3/5
    All reviewsin townindoor outdoor poolwafflestwo nightsroom was cleanstaff went out of their wayhot breakfasthousekeeping stafffirst floorlimited optionsbreakfast was includedrooms are nicevisit familywill stay there againmy sonservice was greatbit dated
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just stayed for my second time. Check in was done swiftly and with polite detail. I'm not certain why anyone would write anything bad concerning this hotel. It is slightly dated, but great effort is made as far as keeping all clean and wanting to serve. A nice quiet location. Diverse continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Betty B
    gmcladrian, General Manager at Carlton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Great care is taken to make sure we are providing the best service we can offer. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel along with my husband, our teenage son and his best friend. We were there for a baseball tournament and was having some difficulty finding lodging as other hotels were sold out during this particular weekend. We ended up going with this hotel because of its availability and that it had a pool and a free breakfast. I do feel it was overpriced, though. I was a bit concerned because of the other reviews I read. I have to say that our experience was all in all a positive one. We stayed for two nights and both nights had to request more towels than were given to us (only 3 bath towels for 4 guests). But both times the staff accommodated our request promptly when we brought it to their attention. The boys only made it to the pool once but seemed to enjoy it. It was unique with it being both an indoor and an outdoor pool area! The breakfast area was a little crowded in the mornings, but it did offer an array of both hot and cold food items. The lobby was clean and we had nothing to complain about with the staff. As for any mechanical problems, the only one we had was the plastic knob on the heater/AC had been broken previously. It still did its job, but would detach or fall off if you weren't extra careful when handling it. Overall, I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Kss125

It is great to hear that you had a positive experience in our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we take all guest feedback very seriously. Thank you for choosing the Carlton Lodge to provide your lodging needs during your trip to Adrian!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Checked into the assumed newly owned hotel. After entering the room all seemed well until my wife pulled back the sheets on the what seemed to be clean bed. To our surprise the bed actually both had hair and food crumbs wrapped nicely by the bed ruffle. We did get a new room however after talking to the manager if that's what you want to call him he told me he worked in this industry for seven years and it's common. Well let me tell you I have traveled for 30 years any bed with sheets not changed are discusting. Check you sheets when checking in no refund will be offered just a near $20 off the room. Won't stay there again go to the holiday inn about a mile away!

Room Tip: Try the holiday inn they have clean rooms
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
    3  Thank Mike S
    Reviewed 23 June 2014

Other than the Holiday Inn this is the nicest hotel in Adrian. The rooms are nice size, modern, clean, comfortable... everything you can hope for at 100 bucks a night. This location is convenient to the highway and only a mile from Adrian College campus, set off the road a ways with a great courtyard and plenty of well lit safe parking. The indoor / outdoor pool looks great although I did not use it. Where this hotel falls miserably short is in the service delivered by its staff. Check in was ok although impersonal. Housekeeping provided a clean foundation but we stayed 2 nights and they only bothered to replace some of the towels and loosely make the beds during the day between. Trash remained, fresh soaps were not provided etc. The breakfast was neither stocked nor looked after; ran out of hot food and counters were covered with spills. Disgusting. I walked away from this. Worst of all was that this location has 2 banquet rooms and management felt it was ok to have loud music after 10pm. When I called down to ask if it was ending soon I was assured that the attendant was on her way to have the music shut off. When I finally got to sleep at 11:30 it was still on... I generally am not the person who complains about loud neighbors or music but this was excessive and obviously the interests of partygoers was more important than people who paid for a quiet night's sleep. I would like to stay here next time I am in town but will go elsewhere solely based on the performance of the service staff.

Room Tip: AWAY from the banquet rooms. Loud party are allowed to continue into sleeping hours.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    Reviewed 8 June 2014

Indoor/outdoor pool not fully open because the maintenance guy did not come in, that meant the plastic partition was in place all weekend. Website we went to had claim of a jacuzzi and different prices. When we said something it was "you should go to our website" Took a shower and no water pressure and tub did not drain very well. Restaurant was closed and there was no room service available. Breakfast had only a few items the claimed (no waffles, no donuts, no bagels, no sausage gravy, fresh fruit was a bowl full of apples). Loved the bed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple