“A great help in a pinch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Los Nazarenos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Los Nazarenos
Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
USA
“A great help in a pinch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We planned a quick trip to Guatemala to help some friends who live there. I typically stay at Casa Cristina when in Antigua but they were all booked up (for the rooms I requested). Rosario (from Casa Cristina) recommended Hotel Los Nazarenos. The owners were prompt to help me and held my room for me as promised. Upon arriving, they greeted us in a most friendly manner and were extremely helpful in every area we requested. I was very impressed with their hospitality.

There was a nice flow of hot water (which is often a luxury in Guatemala) in the shower. I'm not sure all rooms are situated with the small bathroom we had; but our shower and sink were all in one (behind a shower curtain). We had just a little trouble keeping our bathroom floor dry. There were also no plugs in the bathroom (for hairdryers); but there is a nice sized mirror and plug in the bedroom.

Typically, we request a room not facing the street (knowing the vehicles traveling up and down the road will be rather loud). However, we needed a room in a pinch and didn't think to make this request. We will do so next time.

The only thing I would change (for future bookings) is to ask for the room that is NOT directly across from a large, bright, beaming street light that shines right into the bedroom all night long and lights up the entire room as if the room's own light were turned on. We could have shut the curtains; but we'd have been very hot not having the breeze from the opened window.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room not facing the street. And, if nighttime lights bother you, as...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cristal D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rogue River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We needed a single night's stay to wrap up our visit to Guatemala. We were able to find room at short notice. The garden was very nice, the rooftop seating is nice but needs more attention. No TV but we consider that a plus. I had lost my ipad charger and recieved a "loaner" from the proprieter's daughter. How nice. More Spanish required here than next door at the better known Casa Cristina, but this was also better for me. The room had all the requirements for a simple, comfortable stay, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thomas F
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

The family were great. Very friendly and helpful. located on a quiet street and you never really noticed the other guests, plenty of space in and out of rooms and the rooms were cleaned every day. Very good cafe breakfast place one house away and in the cheap range but not cheap setting. It also has an open air third floor giving more space.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ingelara2404
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

My friend and I stayed 2 nights here in April 2013 after Casa Luna and Casa Cristina were both full. Friendly and fun owner, clean and spacious room, nicely decorated terrace and public area.great location and great view. We end up with great stay here. Would stay again if we have a chance to visit Antigua again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Nazarenos in Feb 2013. We had no hotel reservation in Antigua and arrived in town after 8:00 pm.

We originally tried Casa Cristina as our book gave it good reviews, however there was no availability.

The man who answered the door at Nazarenos welcomed us immediately and showed us to our room on the second floor. The room was clean, and the shower was hot. We originally thought we would look for a bigger place, but the next morning when we had a chance to see how much character the place had in daylight and realized the great location it had we asked if we could stay another night.

I'm not sure if it was the owners or staff who looked after us but both were very friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. The courtyard was lovely and the upstairs terrace had great views of the volcano and Antigua.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C C
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Please disregard older reviews that state this place is run down. It is clean and has a fresh coat of paint. The staff is SUPER kind and attentive. I am looking out the window of my room and staring at an amazing view of the volcano.

I have previously stayed at Casa Cristina, which has a great rating and is next door to here. It is not nearly as nice, the room I stayed in was actually kind of depressing. Stay here over staying there if you have a choice, despite the negative reviews this place received several years ago.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mackmost
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

The owner/staff were incredibly kind and generous. Our room was immaculate and it was the best sleep we've had in a long time (except for the church bells Sunday morning). The shower was the best we've had in all of central America! I highly recommend it for anyone who has been beat up by cheap hostels to re-energize in order to continue their travels :)

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple