“Helpful Owner, Lovely Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Luna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Casa Luna
Ranked #27 of 126 Antigua B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Helpful Owner, Lovely Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

As referenced in other reviews, Mario (owner) really makes staying at Casa Luna worth it! The price is excellent given the location and the comfortable rooms. We stayed in the room on the roof and I highly recommend it! It's quiet up there, roomy, the internet works within the room, and the view is great! If you have a lot of luggage though you might want to choose another room as the stairs up are narrow and twisty! The location is excellent -- just a block from La Merced and the Arch street where many restaurants and vendors are. If you are doing any tours or excursions, work with Mario to book them as he knows best and makes it incredibly easy! He helped us book a few hikes and tours and only works with locals who give a good price - you can trust you're making a good choice going with the vendors he works with!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am a US national who lives and works in Quetzaltenango (Xelka), Guatemala. When I have reason to be in the capital, I like to stay in Antigua because of the long distance required to travel from my home to the city. I have used the Hospedaje Casa Luna each trip as my "home away from home" for over two years. It is quiet, secure, extremely reasonably priced, and I am always greeted in a warm and friendly manner by all the people who work here (and many of the ones who stay here, as well.) I keep a stash of cooking supplies here to reduce my travel costs. The owner, Mario, is estremely selective about who he will recommend and/or work with for a tour agency, and has helped me logisitically many times in getting to Xela when I am fresh off a flight with the US and laden with household goods. He also has fantastic prices for taxis going to the Capital. He is very knowledgeable about travel logistics, legal advice for foreigners, and locales around town. I have referred many Guatemalans and foreigners to him. It helps greatly that he is completely bilingual in English and Spanish.

Don't come here expecting a 5 star hotel or a partying locale. This place maintains more of a family/ home type atmosphere. I have never met a hotel owner who cares more about his guests' well-being than this one, and have frequently, in my numerous stays, seen the owner go above and beyond to help someone who was in need.

Room Tip: Single on first floor os best for travleing with heavy items. Upstairs doubles are great for 2-3 peo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Mario is the best travelagency in antigua by far! I've lived in Antigua for two months now and I can say with confidence if you are looking for a good travel agency that you have to go to Mario (casa luna). He has the best prices and especially the best service of all of them!

Stayed November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

There is hardly words to express my gratitude for a wonderful and kind services I received for Mr.Mario while traveling in Antigua. I never met more genuine and caring business owner. Mario not only arranged all my travels, but he personally took time to assure I was safe, taken care of well during the time when I was put in a very dangerous situation by careless shuttle company.
I never seen anyone so passionate about his country, his beautiful hotel, and his clients. His dedication to an excellent customer care is admirable, he never stops working to ensure his clients are taken care of, and he is constantly trying to strive for perfection. After a first rough day in Antigua, I felt safe in his care for the rest of my stay.
I can only wish his business will expand and flourish throughout beautiful country of Guatemala. And I know, if I ever travel to Guatemala again, I have a perfect place to stay. Thank you Mario!!! I appreciate so much what you have done for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We travelled around the whole of Central America and this was by far the best place we ever stayed in. Going the extra mile doesn't cover what Mario did for us. He booked us some of the best tours we went in for the entire 4 months, organising all the details, took us to hospital and helped us translate when I arrived with a spider bite and was just so lovely and helpful throughout our stay. The hostel itself is absolutely gorgeous, well-decorated and perfectly located. If you're looking for a place in Antigua, here it is!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had a spotless, spacious ensuite double room with hot water shower at the right price that did the trick. The diligent cleaning lady keeps the place spick and span and the facilities were more than sufficient for our needs. What really made our stay was the super helpful owner, Mario. Full of information, tips and suggestions, he even helped us buy some textiles at the market. We encouraged him to become a city guide because he really knows his way around. Great stay overall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our upstairs retreat soon became our home away from home. Cleaned daily with fresh linens, full kitchen use, and great location, Casa Luna simply feels good. It is competitively priced (Q180-225 for a double) and the owner Mario will kindly answer any questions and set up transportation to near and far destinations. The best eats in Antigua we found right around the corner. The owner Claudio and his wife run a small eatery on the same block as the coffee house on the corner. Just head towards downtown from the coffee house and it will be on your left. Open for lunch and dinners. Name unknown.

• Stayed May 2013