“Charming B&B”

Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Cornwall England
“Charming B&B”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We were really pleased to have found a little oasis of calm in Antigua called the Hostal San Nicolas. Firstly I must explain; This is not a Hostal, this is a bed and breakfast with just four very comfy rooms. The staff could not have been more friendly and fun to stay with. The traditional courtyard garden is beautiful and well maintained.

While it might seem out of the centre there is another, alternative centre just down the road in 1st Ave. Sur with restaurants which are less of a rip off than the ones near the main square. You also have one of the 'must see' sites of Antigua just across the road.

Room Tip: All four rooms face the courtyard
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob_Croxford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hermitage, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 March 2011

despite the name, this is not a hostal. This is a full service hotel with some of the best service we had all of our trip to guatemala. Clean rooms, private bathrooms with hot showers, only 4 rooms total for this location, and it is was very quiet which is something rare in antigua. The beds were good, though a little stiff. This location also had king beds if you wanted them. The staff was friendly, accomodating, and helped us find this on a map they gave us for free. Overall I would rate this HOTEL an 9/10, and if you need a place to stay, give them a call.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Matthery
Virginia
Reviewed 26 January 2009

If you you spend forever researching accommodation options and reading reviews, just like me, STOP HERE! You will save yourself a heap of time if you just book Hostal San Nicolas right now! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. It has everything you need for the perfect relaxing holiday.

We stayed here for 5 nights over New Years and could not have been more impressed. We stayed in a room that was great and so unique (in a good way!)

When we arrived we were received by the friendliest staff.
The staff were wonderfully helpful, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and I really could not rate this resort highly enough.

Guatemala is a beautiful country, with wonderful people, so Hostal San Nicolas was the perfect place to hide from the Christmas madness at home, with the great service and excellent accommodations.

The rooms are fabulous; a big plus for me is that the Hostal has only four rooms, located two blocks away from Iglesia de San Francisco, which is about 10 min. away, walking distance from the central park, so it is a very quiet place, but most of all I loved coming back from a day trip and finding the wonderful staff willing to help me with my bags and offering a refreshing lemonade that I would enjoy in the corridor surrounded by all the wonderful flowers from the central garden.

All my day trips were arranged at the reception which made things easier since I really did not have a plan on what is it that I wanted to do, besides resting, and they were extremely helpful. I will definitely be coming back next year with friends…it is the perfect place to relax.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing, I loved everything in Hostal San Nicolas
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank L0vt0travel