“Eat here at least once”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Eat here at least once”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had two meals at Fonda, both were very tasty. Service was great, fast and pleasant. All of the Guatemalan food I tried here was good. But I have to say that my favorite thing on the menu was the horchata. Probably the best horchata I've ever had... amazingly good.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Guatemalan food with great atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I took my family here when they visited Guatemala on the recommendation of a friend. We got just what we were hoping for at this restaurant-a beautiful atmosphere with friendly staff, authentic Guatemalan dishes, vibrant flavors, and tons of food! Everyone in my group agreed the restaurant was a good choice. We all got different dishes, and we all left stuffed and unable to finish our meals (and wishing there was a refrigerator in our hotel for us to take home leftovers!) I would definitely go again. It's a great place to take visitors for a taste of Guatemala!

• Visited June 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Was on a work trip and stayed at antigua a few days. Went there by a recommendation and I can tell its an amazing place, not just the food bust rhe service also. Kind people and amazing people

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Guatemalan food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I asked the driver for authentic Guatemalan food and this is just what I got here, from the time my iced cold beer hit the table it was pure delightful after. We made sure to order two different meals , I had stuffed peppers and he had pork in the most delicious sauce. I ate every last crumb off my plate , it was flavorful and tasty. Food like that is why you travel to a foreign place and sample their local meals and best of all it wasn't expensive. Staff was very attentive and friendly.
Delicious food + Great prices + Wonderful service = Fonda de la Calle real

• Visited May 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“So good!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious, and yes, maybe the food is pricier than comedores or street food but people in the US pay 25-30 dollars (and much more) for mediocre food and service. The food here was delicious, the service was one of the best we've had and they have vegetarian options. My husband and I each had a different dish, we also ordered bread, tortillas and beer. Everything including tip came up to 20 USD which is pretty darn good.