“short but good stay”

El Hostal Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but thought the place was nice. On the downside, its central location made it loud at night. I slept with earplugs and still had some trouble. Thought it was a little pricey for what you get, but the price includes a solid breakfast. There was a lot of information around tours and transportation if you need that kind of stuff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I remember first walking into to El Hostel after visiting several hostels in Antigua. And, I remember feeling relief, b/c I could tell in moments that I found a beautiful and refreshing, open air spot to spend some time. The staff and owners were incredible and truly go out of their way to help you out. They were my second family for a while (miss you guys). Always helpful, friendly and generous. The owner once even bought a bottle of Jamison so we could make some Irish Coffee for the group, like I said very generous. Oh, and the breakfast is amazing!! Select from several delicious breakfast options including fresh eggs. Definitely, one of my favorite hostels out of the hundreds I’ve stayed in throughout the world. Lovely people, lovely place, lovely experience. - Rick

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank capitan7
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Seriously, wonderful stay! Slept well, great value and the staff!

Chaco, certainly enhanced our trip with his lively spirit and a wealth of knowledge! He showed us all the best places in town and everything was perfect!

He has certainly set the bar high!
The hostel is beautiful, clean, not to loud and not boring... Recommended to all!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crebsington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stopped in here. Wasn't even a guest. Needed to arrange a shuttle. Staff was very helpful. Let me use the restroom and the wifi. They called and arranged a shuttle for me too. Great people--so helpful. The facilities are clean and bright. I was very impressed. Will be staying there when I go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mimi H
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Couldn't recommend El Hostel enough! Everything you could want in a hostel and more! The free breakfasts were delicious, dorms were spacious and everywhere was very clean. Dorms had large lockers, and the whole hostel was very secure and safe. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay at El Hostel and Antigua memorable. We wouldnt have made the most of our trip to Antigua had it not been for the staff making sure we had our week planned and activities booked! They recommended great places to eat, and even gave us impromptu salsa dancing lessons in the court yard! We were sad to leave!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank charlotte F
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Spent a few nights here and loved it! I felt like I was part of a big family, Choco and Mariana made us feel at home. The place was very relaxed and friendly, with travelers from all over the globe. If you are looking to met new friends and need a place to relax, this is the place. It was very clean and quiet at night, breakfast was included each morning and happy hour at night.

Room Tip: Private rooms are available, but the dorm rooms are just as safe and quiet.