“Great location, corfortable, clean, efficient staff”

Hotel Casa del Parque
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Montrose, California
“Great location, corfortable, clean, efficient staff”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I visited Antigua 2 weeks ago (September 14-17). My stay was very comfortable but also very exciting. Staying in Antigua during Independence weekend was great. The celebrations were great and all within walking distance from this lovely hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They made suggestions for day trips around Guatemala. The two helpful ladies, Rocio and Rosy were sweet, efficient and caring. I enjoyed my stay and I can't wait to return to Antigua. I will stay at this hotel because I had a very good experience. The breakfast is worth the $5.00 per day. It was too cold to enjoy the pool but you may want to pack a bathing suit just in case it warms up. There is a great deli accross the street, a great bar two doors down and central park a few steps away.

Room Tip: If you don't mind street noise, a double room facing the street would be lovely-large windows.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Andres, France
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My Brother and I stayed at Hotel Casa del Parque in Antigua for our last days in Guatemala.
Hotel is nice, clean and I found everyone friendly and very helpful. I were pleased they let me tried my few Spanish because I wanted to practice. Compared to other places where they can do the faces of "whatever" and just have you speak to them in English, this is a plus.
It is a very pleasant and relaxing hotel with water fountains, swimming pool and corridors in shadows. It also has a jacuzzi but you need to ask in advance for that.
Sleeping beds were good.
Breakfast was amazing, all you need to start the day, American style with pancakes, eggs, cereals and Guatemalan style with beans, fruits, bananas...Fruit juice, coffee, tea.
Room gets clean everyday all net. I love how they fold the towels as swans, really adorable.
We took off to see the volcano there and they prepared our breakfast/lunch meal for the day and help us for reservation.
They also found us a shuttle to go to the airport for a good price.
The location is in the earth center of Antigua so everything you need is 2 min. walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

You can't get more central in Antigua. This place is a few steps from the central plaza. We got there at the end of Antigua Days and saw lots of musicians and street performers.

Take the noise warnings seriously: We did not get the really loud music from the bar next door (stayed Sunday thru Wed) but someone staying there recommended we buy earplugs because it's loud until 3am on the weekends.

The rooms have hot water and were fine. One thing we didn't like was the way the toilet doors left a little gap, we solved this problem by hanging a towel over the door.

Room Tip: Some upstairs rooms have a great view of the volcano.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Los angeles, ca
Reviewed 2 July 2013

spent 1 night after completing a mission in guatemala city. the hotel was clean. It has hot showers.
breakfast was ok. They served pancakes, eggs, cereal and off course - banana. Location was perfect. It was in the center of everything, shopping and restaurant and market.
Note: The place can be noisy from the music on the dance club next door.
Bed and pillows were ok.
There is a pool but the hours of usage is short.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the dance club next door.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Spent only one night here. The bed was comfortable, room large and very clean. Fireplace too.
There is a swimming pool too. There are long outdoor corridors all around so you can sit and relax outside within the perimeter of the hotel itself. Has an old, rich, colonial feel which was lovely. Staff was friendly and informative. My only gripe is my room was on the street and it was noisey. Tried to find a different room but they were booked. Try to get an interior room if you go.
The breakfast was just ordinary.

Room Tip: Get an interior room to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just recently I took a group of students from UBC Canada to Antigua to study Spanish and we stayed in Casa Del Parque. The service was phenomenal and so was the location!
The pool was kept always clean and everything else in the premises, the rooms were nicely decorated and quiet if you chose a room that isn´t facing the street and traffic. I will have no problem returning to this establishment.

Room Tip: This hotel is very central to all amenities. Rooms facing the street can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dinorah D
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Reviewed 27 May 2013

To set the stage for this review I had just spent 5 hours flying on Copa Airlines to Panama and then 2 hours to Guatemala City. If you choose an Airline fly Copa I will leave it at that.

Landing in Guatemala city my trusty driver Armando is there to great me in as planned for our drive to Lake Atitlan. Well we were going to try to that evening as the rain started. Leaving Guatemala city at the prime time of rush hour meant a long slow drive to get out of Guatemala City.

We quickly found that time was not on our side to make the 2 hour drive to Lake Atitlan as we crawled through traffic in Guatemala City. Making the trip late at night, in the dark with heavy rain appeared to be a dumb idea. Armando suggested we find a place in Antigua and finish our trip in day light. A logical idea. Yet without a Hotel reservation and sitting in traffic I felt helpless to find a Hotel.

Armando suggested I call the owner of Hotel Casa del Parque in Antigua Guatemala. I thought it is now almost 8:30 we have been in traffic since 5:00 and had hardly made it to the edge of Guatemala City. With Cell Phone in hand I thought okay I will try the number Armando had for this person that was the owner. This time of night and being Friday I thought good luck finding the owner.

To my pleasant surprise the owner answered his cell phone. With little complications the owners said not problem one of my hotels Hotel Casa del Parque is available. I gave him my name and nothing else not even that Armando new him. We reached Antigua about an hour later.

I walked into Hotel Casa del Parque and to my surprise I was greeted at the front desk with a reservation made as promised and a great room to rest my tired head after my long day of travel. I rate hotels on a number of factors, the bath room is one which I found was large, very clean and with real soft toilet paper something I find even in high end hotels is often no more then a thin slice of heaven for my use.

In the morning to my surprise I could smell food, yes with my room included breakfast. Now we have all had those hotel breakfasts that are free. Again another surprise, hard to compare a great breakfast with toilet paper. The breakfast was everything I wanted pancakes, eggs, beans, great Guatemala coffee, juice etc etc.

Most of all I enjoyed my breakfast sitting looking at the pool at Hotel Casa del Parque and a lovely lady that served my breakfast had a happy smile on her face and was pleased to serve me, another pleasant surprise.

After stuffing myself with Pancakes and real Maple Syrup I checked out with Armando greeting me at Hotel Casa del Parque for our slightly delayed trip to Lake Atltian but with pleasant memories of the owner and a hotel I would recommend that is only a block from the Central Park in Antigua Guatemala.

Room Tip: Hotel Casa del Parque this Hotel has a pool and a hot tub something not so easy to find in Antigua G...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business