“Nice stay, friendly staff and excellent location”

Hotel Casa del Parque
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
London, United Kingdom
“Nice stay, friendly staff and excellent location”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed two nights at the Casa del Parque and had a nice stay. The first night was in room 1 which was spacious but facing the street and next to the reception so it was slightly noisy - not a big problem. The second night was in room 8 which is upstairs and overlooking the pool at the back of the building. This room was excellent and highly recommended. Room 6, 7 and 8, and partly 9 are all on the second floor and are the best rooms in my opinion. Excellent location close to the Parque central.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I would not consider staying anywhere else than Hotel Case Del Parque, this is my second visit. The hotel is less than 2 blocks from Antigua's Central Square, inexpensive, clean, beautiful and comfortable! I have stayed in a variety of locations in this country and this town and the range of accommodations are broad.

Casa Del Parque surprises on many levels. The rooms are well appointed in an authentic but modern Old World Spanish style. The pool and sauna are an added luxury for the price and are hard to find anywhere in Antigua. The views from the upstair rooms are spectacular.

On the downside, the area can be noisy at night but that is Latin America. The showers are large and clean...My first stay the water was only Luke warm...my second visit...I lucked out with hot showers. (Hot water is not something one often finds in any hotels unless they are 4-5 stars) The breakfast is not included but for $5 US a huge breakfast is served.

The overall cost of my stay was $55 taxes and breakfast. One can pay much more in this city or much less but still be less than satisfied. If they have the room or even if they charge more consider staying at Casa Del Parque. You will feel safe and comfortable and enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the upstair balcony rooms come with an added view of the skyline and vol...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan0001
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I enjoyed my stay. My room was good and it was great having wifi in the room, not just a lobby or restaurant as happens in many hotels. My laptop is larger and not having to lug it around is great. I know get a tablet. Having the pool is great. It is one of my main criteria for picking a hotel. Staff was great. A few of them spoke fair English which is good because my Spanish is not. For now.

Room Tip: Most people like being on the second floor. Perhaps I will try it next time. I had no problem being...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
austin texas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a great stay and were very happy with the staff and hotel. We choose this hotel based on location + price. We wanted to be closed the Central Park and feel safe walking to and from restaurants at night -- breakfast and coffee were very basic, but what we expected for the price and reviews. Staff was super nice and did a great job arranging our volcano trip and transportation for us. Also, we could here the music from club next door two nights we were there, but had taken ear plugs based on reviews, and it was not an issue for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank baylorbrooke
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

is very good location, clean and spacious rooms ,the staff is helpful, street noise is high,because we stay in the nice room but is in the corner ,and another we hear the tv all nigth from another room, breakfast is poor. swimming pool is great and the sauna, coffee and te is free all day and nigth

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked in this hotel because it's very well located and the photographs show a nice little hotel. Unfortunately their customer service is terrible, they charge you so many extra things, they rooms are not what they show, the hotel it's very noisy, the beds and linen are old and dirty. They change the rate after I did my down payment, they charge me extra 10% for using credit card and the over all attention was very poor. It's good that it has a swimming pool, it's very well located and some of the staff try to be helpful, but be careful, they will try to get any extra dollar from your pocket.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
mexicohicks1, Owner at Hotel Casa del Parque, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
This guest stayed at our hotel for the last few days of the year. For New Years, Antigua (like most other cities) throws parties with loud music and fireworks. All hotels in Antigua have noise problems during this time of year and there was nothing that we could have done to make the hotel less noisy. If there was a way for us to resolve this problem we would, but unfortunately there was nothing we could have done.
In regards to the complaint about the price, this guest had reserved on a third party reservation site. The guest later had a friend call the hotel to find out our prices and when we gave the friend a lower price the guest felt like he was being cheated. We explained to the guest that the third party site add their 15% commission to our prices so what the hotel received was less then the price we had given the friend. Even though we explained this, the guest still was not happy.
On the third party site the guest used it very clearly states that for all payments with a credit or debit card there is a 10% surcharge. In Antigua, there is only one credit card merchant which has very high fees because it has no competition. Some businesses in Antigua simply add the fees to their prices regardless of whether you pay with cash or credit card. We prefer to keep our prices without the fees added so that people paying with cash are not required to pay unnecessary fees.
We do appreciate all reviews and we are very sorry that this guest found our hotel lacking.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here twice on our trip to Guatemala. The rooms were big and clean, breakfast was good and all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
My only negative comment on the stay is the walls seemed to be every thin so we could hear the people in the rooms next to us (TV, talking etc), my advice would be to take earplugs. The ladies on reception were great, extremely helpful in booking trips, travel and our onward accommodation. If I ever went back to Guatemala, I would happily stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends