“Great Fun!”

and up
Hands-on Cooking Class in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take home the rich culture of Guatemala by learning how to prepare the local cuisine at Antigua's premier cooking school! Begin with a personalized, hands-on class with local chefs and then enjoy your meal in our beautiful dining room or patio. Spanish to English translators are provided, and complimentary wine, beer, or soda are served during the class.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our cooking class with the lovely and lively Leivi was great fun. We made everything from scratch... including 5 sauces, a yummy dessert, and tamales. Leivi kept us stirring, chopping, roasting and laughing the entire time. The food was delicious and the experience was well worth it.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent cooking class - get involved as much or as little as you like. Enjoy preparing, cooking and eating with new people you meet at the class. Really glad I experienced it.

1  Thank Sonia B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was wandering around Antigua when I ran across this cooking school. I remembered having read some good reviews on TripAdvisor and with a few hours before my shuttle back to the lodge I decided to take the plunge.

I was not disappointed. The dishes were delicious. The cooking fun and involved.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for a good activity in Antigua.

Note: The cook does not speak very much if any English. She does work to keep you engaged and kind of waves you through the different steps. This is best if someone speaks Spanish in the group, but I would think it would work even in the absence of a speaker. Just be proactive and ask before doing something.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a fun day. Going to the market, cooking together making great food...cooking it and drinking and laughing. 10 of us did it the first day of our 13 day vacation, and what a wonderful way to begin... understood Guatemalan food better because of the class. Really, really fun....

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I did this cookery class on my own and I'm so glad I did. I had such a fun morning, preparing and cooking traditional dishes. There is a good range of dishes to choose from so something for everyone. The instructor only spoke Spanish so we had a good laugh communicating but it was so much fun and just added to the experience. Afterwards I was rewarded for all my hard work with a delicious authentic lunch and glass of wine. The owner was super helpful and friendly aswell. Highly recommended!