Hotel Cirilo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Panchoy(Antigua)
View Hotel
All reviewsold churchminute walkruined churchbeautiful fireplacehotel builtthe hotel managersmall poolafter darktaxi or tuk tukour honeymoonbeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousmy favorite partsmall hotelfavorite hotelevery morningwe loved our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

I attended one if my best friends weddings and the grooms party stayed at this hotel. The staff worked hard to make everything just right and I could not imagine a more romantic venue to tie the knot.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hotel is amazing. After staying at another hotel in Antigua that wasn't quite up to scratch I changed to Hotel Cirilo for my last night in Antigua and I couldn't have asked for more. This hotel is perfect. From the rooms, to the gardens, to the meals, I cannot fault anything. Yes, it is a little bit out of the way but for a $3 tuk-tuk ride or a 10 minute walk it's definitely worth it. I wouldn't even think of staying at another hotel if I went back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Wow, we loved this hotel! We booked room #7 on the recommendation of trip advisor. We loved itl We loved everything about this hote. Ricardo and Maria and the breakfast and dinner staff. Since it was winter and it rained alot we ate dinner several nights. We stayed 8 nights here! The ladies are absolutely lovely. So sweet and so accomodating. The breakfasts were incredible and so filling we had to start asking for less.
When we encountered a problem with our tour operator to Tikal Ricardo drove us to the tourist office in town who assisted us in recovering our money that we would have lost. He also helped us to find out what had happened .
They could not have been nicer to us. It is such a beautiful small boutique hotel and nice and quiet at night. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying one night or any length of time in Antigua.
Thank you Ricardo and Maria!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 7
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mahopac
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I do not think I would stay at any other hotel in Antigua, I went into several of the nicest to look around. The Cirilo Hotel is lovely, with beautiful gardens, built around incredible ruins, where you can relax in tranquility, away from the loud center of Antigua. It is at most a 15 minute walk from the center of town, it gives you a chance to walk on quiet streets and look at the beautiful old architecture along the way, stop into antique and metal workers shops. I was traveling with a friend, we stayed in room #4, it was very nicely appointed, comfortable for both of us, and has a fireplace. The room was spotless, nice big shower with plenty of hot water. One thing I really liked, there are 2 nice bathrooms outside the room near the pool, good when you are sharing a room with a friend. The staff is wonderful, very attentive, graciously helping you with anything you need. I was pleased with the breakfast selection, and very good coffee, I am a bit of a coffee snob. We stayed 3 nights, I was on my 90 day visa run out of Costa Rica, it was a wonderful place to visit, I look forward to going back to Antigua and staying at the Cirilo.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trisha S
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Just to reiterate what other folks have mentioned about Hotel Cirilo. This hotel is EXCELLENT, in as aspects (with one minute con: is not too close to the plaza central or mercado). The hacienda feel is and stunning visual for the guest staying at Cirilo. The room are stunning as well, extremely clean and and wood smelly. The staff is extremely helpful and respectful. The restaurant is not a top notch restaurant but the staff does and excellent job at making you feel like you are at home coupled with the stunning view of garden, it makes for an eclectic meal.

Hotel Cirilo is to us the BEST hotel in Antigua, clean, rustic, and the biggest plus affordable. If you are planning on visiting Antigua, this hotel is a must.

Room Tip: Room 6 is consider the quietest of all 7 rooms in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple