Hotel Cirilo
US$141
US$197
US$86
US$80
The Yellow House(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$21
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold churchminute walkruined churchbeautiful fireplacehotel builtthe hotel managersmall poolafter darktaxi or tuk tukour honeymoonbeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousmy favorite partsmall hotelfavorite hotelevery morningwe loved our stay
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I can only add to the praise of the many reviewers who have had a happy stay at Hotel Cirilo. The reality is even better and more seducing than the photos. You feel like staying in a large country house smartly built into the ruins of an old chapel. Everything is impeccably kept from the rooms with working fireplaces to the lovely gardens. The Guatemaltecan breakfast is sumptuious and delicious and the price is reasonable. The hotel is in a quiet street, so that you are away from the noisy centre without beeing too far away. A short ride in a tuk tuk will bring you to all the sites and events lively and pitturesque Antigua has to offer. The best of all is the attentive staff who is always keen to help you in very way.

Room Tip: We stayed at room no. 4 with a twin bed facing the gardens, but every room is nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If I could give more stars I would. This hotel is very beautiful, but the best part of my stay was the people that work here. Everyone is so friendly and ready to make your stay a fantastic one. I have stayed in all kind of hotels before, but I must say that the customer service at El Cirilo has been by far the best I have experienced.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Many people would love this hotel. The grounds are spectacular, on an old ruin and beautifully kept. It's peaceful and quiet, the rooms are spacious, the breakfast (included) was exceptional, and the woman at the front desk is quite nice and speaks perfect English. So why was the Hotel Cirilo not for us? Several reasons. It felt somewhat sterile, with little personality. It's removed from town, about a fifteen minute walk that is both relatively uninteresting and, at night, felt slightly unsafe (though, given that it's Antigua, is still probably much safer than most American towns.) And, our room was dark. We asked for another lamp (happily given) but still had trouble reading at night -- something I don't think I'd ever experienced at another hotel. In the end, we decided to move to a hotel closer to town, which was more in keeping with our travel sensibilities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank BigTrainSeattle
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel. The way they've built around and preserved the ruins is amazing and the architecture of this hotel is beautiful. The staff make you feel special. Don't be fooled by the unremarkable if not easily forgettable facade of the hotel. Once you step inside it may just blow your damn fool mind. This is easily one of my favorite hotels and I feel lucky to have been here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to kick off our central American holiday. When we walked through the doors from the cobbled street to the hotel we were met with one of the prettiest buildings I have seen, and to think this is a hotel! We felt totally privileged to be staying here. No complaints about anything - the room and bed was perfect, like a warm cave in a beautiful garden, the service super friendly and helpful, and the food was very fresh and delicious. It is not too far from the centre we walked during the day and took a short cab at night. I highly recommend Cirilo to all guests, especially those looking for something quiet and romantic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple