“Oh, Tartines.”
Review of Tartines

Tartines
Ranked #44 of 360 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Oh, Tartines.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I tried to quit you. I knew that with all the great food in Antigua I would run out of time and not need to go. And yet, on a quiet evening I found myself crawling up the spiral staircase to the terrace and you romanced me once again.

First, we ate early, which is always a great idea if you want a table, and we were there when the lights went on for the ruins. Beautiful. We also watched Fuego erupt and stared at the red dash across the sky until it turned dark again. Magical. But it turned out the restaurant was not very busy on a weekday night, and that was fine with us.

The food was good: An onion tarte for me; a special for the spouse; the ratatouille crepe for my daughter. (She cooks and alternately kept proclaiming "Oh my God" and "I could cry.")

The reason you go to Tartines, though is for dessert. The tiramisu was proclaimed the best ever in the whole world. That's because it is.

$110 for dinner for three including a bottle of wine (which is more expensive than other places), three sparkling waters, two desserts, and service.

And you, Tartines, you've kept my heart.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Fly_me_somewhere

Antigua, Guatemala
“My favorite Restuarant of Antigua”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Their steaks are divine and by far the best French fries in the known world. I choose this place over any place for the last 6 years.

Visited January 2014
Boston, MA
“Loved our meal here”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were looking for Flor de Lis but the map on my phone couldn't find it, nor could anyone from the area... we saw the sign "best terrace in antigua" which many places have... TIP: if a place says they have the best terrace, they HAVE a terrace that is probably amazing... if not the BEST in some way. This terrace was small and overlooking the ruins of a church - very cool and different - no views of cityscape but that's ok. You feel like you're perched on top of ruins which is neat. The service was great and I had a chicken dish that was just TO DIE FOR.

All 6 of us were totally delighted with the meal - 2 bottles of wine and 6 dishes for around 200.00.... not bad at all, if you ask me...worth every penny. a great experience all around!

Visited February 2014
Bogota, Colombia
“Great food, nice terrace”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Although seating at the terrace is not guaranteed, food was outstanding, fresh, tasty menu.

Paninis are a good option if not too hungry. The view from the terrace is unique and quiet.

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable & Romantic”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I came here for my birthday dinner. We ordered two lomito dishes, appetizer, dessert and wine. All were tasty and satisfying.

The staff sang happy birthday to another table and declined when my girlfriend told them that it was my birthday. Very strange. An individual waiter brought they cake and politely set it in front of me.

Other than the slight hiccup with the cake I enjoyed the food, the views and it's romanitic (if there isn't a table with a large party and kids).

Visited February 2014