“Delightful B&B”

Ranked #1 of 133 Antigua B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Delightful B&B”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My friends and I reserved two rooms for our New Years stay this passed January 2013. They were very accommodating during this very busy season.

Location:
This B&B is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Antigua (Cathedral square) in a quiet residential area. It would be equivalent to saying that it's on Canal Street outside of the French Quarter. The walk was a nice change and gave us an opportunity to see other local life outside of the square.

Room:
My room was simple, rustic yet extremely spacious. It was more than enough space than I needed.

Service:
Service is what set this B&B apart. Daniel and Marleni took care of everything for us from: our pickup from Guatemala City to their B&B; day driver to ChiChi Market and Lake Atitlan (Gracias Angel!); recommendations for tours, everything. This made our visit worth every minute.

Overall:
If you are looking for a simple, resourceful place to stay at a value, I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our group of 8 had a great time. We rented out all four of the rooms. Each room was spacious and very tasteful in its decor. We had run of the kitchen and cooked one meal there, which was nice to do after eating out. The breakfasts were great, with choice of hot chocolate, expresso, regular coffee--the hot chocolate was the favorite. We celebrated a birthday party in the lounge and enjoyed the space for talking long into the night. I really recommend this for groups of young adults. The owner and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve Q
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This charming new structure has large rooms and huge baths with spacious tub/showers. Luxurious. We stayed on second floor with balcony chairs and table. Great view of volcanos and charming garden below. There are only a few rooms so one feels like guest in private home. Daniel is helpful and informative without being gushy. We were directed to excellent restaurants and the best attractions. The property is on a quiet residential street which is well lighted. The whole area of Antigua feels very safe and we enjoyed using this as a base for four days.

Room Tip: If view of Volcano is important to you, go for second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Quepos, Costa Rica
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is a bit out of the way from the main attractions of Antigua, but given that the town is quite small, that wasn't too big a of a problem. In fact, I think it was a bit quieter because of it. I only wished we were closer when walking back at night. Our room and bathroom were gigantic, very clean, and tastefully decorated with photos the owner had taken. Breakfast was croisants and bread with yummy cappuccinos. Daniel and Marleni were both very helpful and kind, and always greeted us in the mornings with helpful tips and suggestions.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms and bathrooms are large and spacious. We spent 10 days in Guatemala, 4 cities, and this was by far the best shower we had. Breakfast is bread with jam, but the cappuccino is what made it memorable. The hotel is located a few blocks off the main street, and although I was assured the area was safe, it was a little disconcerting walking back late at night. The staff is friendly, and has lots of advice, but not always the most accurate. We were told there would be an airport departure tax, payable in Quetzales, but there was not. Also he mismarked my map when recommending a few attractions.

I had originally planned to stay 3 nights. My first night and then the last two. We even arranged for pick up at the airport -which i recommend you take advantage of. We were taken to Chez Daniel, then told we'd actually be staying somewhere else because they were full. The 2nd B&B was nice, very different from Chez Daniel, but I enjoyed our night there. I didn't appreciate the switch. I wasn't told a lot of information and felt like I had no control over the situation. I guess this is something that happens in Antigua.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjroehrich
United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I loved this place and stayed for 5 days. The room price was discounted, which is why I was there as a solo traveller. Otherwise it would have been out of my budget. If there are 2 of you sharing the room I'm sure that's not an issue. Otherwise I'd have stayed for a month!

The rooms are HUGE....and the bathroom is HUGE too. LOTS of space. Lots of storage space - drawers and wardrobes.

Marleni was very friendly and very helpful with my volcano walk and transportation bookings.

STUNNING kitchen with all modern equipment and a very large fridge - plenty of space if all 4 rooms are storing food.

Breakfast is included in the price - delicious croissants!

VERY comfortable bed. I slept like a log. The best sleep I'd had during 3 months of travel.

A little out of the city, but a nice walk in, allowing you to explore different streets. I felt safe walking to and from this guesthouse during the day but I would get a tuk-tuk or a taxi back at night.

Lovely lounger chairs in the quiet garden made for a very nice relaxation area. I think the only enhancement would be to add hammocks!

All-in-all I would HIGHLY recommend this as a place to stay if you are looking for a SPOTLESSLY CLEAN, luxurious, comfortable, quiet, friendly home while in Antigua.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have the view of the volcano.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at Chez Daniel for two weeks while we studied spanish. Our room was spotless and enormous. We were extremely happy!

We had access to the sunny upstairs terrace which has a spectacular view of the volcano.

Housecleaning service was great and our room was immaculately cleaned daily, with bathroom amenities replenished.

Kitchen was always clean, spacious and very user friendly. we cooked lunch and dinner most days/nights.

Daniel & staff was always willing to assist us with information/whatever we needed.

B&B has a relaxed and peaceful feeling and is very quiet, there was some slight noise at night over the weekends, however this is evident across Antigua and not an issue for us.

Very comfortable bed and always hot water.

Extremely happy and would without doubt recommend this B&B. It is excellent value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple