“Why have 'no-smoking' signs then let your staff smoke?”
Review of Mananas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mananas Hotel
Ranked #29 of 118 Speciality Lodging in Antigua
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed here two nights. Shared bathrooms that were at times a bit smelly and not that clean. We stayed in a private room next to the street and it was very noisy. Good location, great breakfast, good wifi. Service was reasonable. Many of the staff and guests smoked despite numerous 'no-smoking' signs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here 2 nights recently and absolutely loved it. Perfect location in Antigua. The employees are very nice and helpful, and the owner Cesar is a great guy. I really enjoyed my time there, and I would recommend Holistico to anyone looking to stay in Antigua. I also have to mention what an incredible deal it is! I paid around $10US per night and that included breakfast in the morning. All of the other hostels I have stayed at usually include some lame continental breakfast, but not Holistico... It was made to order, huevos rancheros, french toast, etc. Very good food that you would pay $10 for by itself back home. Seriously don't stay anywhere else except Holistico.
Muchas gracias Cesar!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This Hostel is awesome. Straight up. Been over Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Nicaragua and Have slept in a lot of Hostels. Holistico has Captured that hard-to-find fun hostel that you can have a blast in but you can also get a good nights sleep. A hostel is a place to meet people, chat, relax and Sleep. If you want to party.....go to the bar. Ive staying in Jungle Party and The Black cat and those Hostels are social but loud! Holistico has some of the nicest showers I've seen in a hostel in Central America. Good breakfast. Good beds, movies, TV, the list goes on...... For $10???? Cesar has done such a good job making his guests feel welcome and comfortable there is a reason his hostel is so hightly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordan47
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I found Hostal Holistico 2 years ago soon after they opened. I have since stayed there 3 times and I won't stay anywhere else in Antigua. Where to begin...location, location, location. It's located in the heart of Antigua, insanely close to everything. Cesar, Holistico's owner, is a gem - a fountain of knowledge about his beloved town and a friend to all that enter his doors. He was the best hostel owner I have ever encountered and I have traveled the world, 24+ countries all in hostels. The beds are amazing...so comfy they remind me of home. The staff is insanely accommodating, friendly, open, sweet and so hard working. The terrace is the best spot to sit and have breakfast, lunch, dinner, a drink, or have a spontaneous dance party, anything really! They serve delicious breakfast (included!) and the coffee is oh so yummy.

There is a travel agency in the front of the hostel and they have great prices and a really friendly staff. They will care of any travel arrangements you may need, whether it's to climb Pacaya or a ride to the airport.

I highly recommend Hostal Holistico both for seasoned and new travelers. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise, ask for the rooms in the back (not facing the street).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GiovisMex
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hostel Holistico is the nicest, friendliest hostel I have stayed in in Antigua. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the relaxed atmosphere makes you feel completely at home. The hostel has a beautiful terrace where you can relax and is perfect place for eating your breakfast. Cesar is the owner and he is such a friendly nice guy who makes you feel so welcome and will help you with anything you need. The rooms are clean and comfortable and it is totally safe and secure in a fantastic location, close to the center of Antigua.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is the most beautiful, cosy and beautiful hostal in the city.
When I arrived early in the morning I had the best delicious breakfast I've had in whole Guatamala, coocked by the owner him self :)
Eating my breakfast, sitting on the roof-terrace I had a great view over both the city and beautiful landscape around the city.

One thing I'll never forget is, when I told Cesar Pineda (the owner) how I hoped to be able to buy a notebook on christmasday, he took me to the other end of the city, asked the owner to open the shop for me, and made sure I got my notebook. Unbelievable he's spent so much hours and made so much efforts to help me!

If you look for an affordable, cosy please with a very relaxed atmosphere, located in the very center of the city...GO visit this place!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeroenrotterdam
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Holistico is that kind of place that you think it doesnt exist.....
Im not kidding when you are there, in the couch, in the terrace (wich has this amazing view), having breakfast or just chilling you feel so good & relax. An ofcourse part of this is because Cesar and the staff are doing a great Job. Cesar really likes what he is doing, and thats why he does it so good, the only thing better than Cesar company is his food :)
I promisse, at Holistico you will laugh, you will find the information about tours, you will know best places & tips for going out and/or dinner and you will go back !!!
My favoRite place!!!