“Great stay!”
Review of Mananas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mananas Hotel
Ranked #29 of 118 Speciality Lodging in Antigua
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at Holistico for 3 nights, in the back dorm, in June while in Antigua. The beds were nice (no bugs), the showers were clean (the back shower didn't have hot water, but te others did), the free breakfast fantastic, and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely book again!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank BrittDens

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Arriving at Holistico Hostel we had a lot of expectations as everyone had raved about it on Trip Advisor, and we weren't let down. We were firstly given the option of rooms which was a nice surprise. We decided to chose the private room which was small but at the back of the hostel so not as noisy. Cesar and the other employees, obviously really love what they do. When our tour bus for Pacaya didn't turn up, the staff did everything to try and help us out and Cesar, the owner, went out of his way to make sure we fell in love Antigua.

1  Thank Bec_G171211
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My stay at the Holistico Hostel was wonderful. We arrived to our host
awaiting us and a private room with a fresh flower arrangement. A
delicious hot breakfast and coffee was served every morning along with the
luxury of a hot shower every day. In fact, a pipe had burst in Antigua
while we were there and no one in Antigua had water EXCEPT for Holistico
who has a backup purified water system.
The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. All of the rooms
encircle an open air courtyard, with an upstairs terrace where we were
able to see the volcano Fuego erupt!Holistco has a fully stocked bar.
Unlike most hostels, privacy abounds in that there are separate showers,
communal bathrooms and sinks. The owner Caesar, is a salsa instructor so
there was a salsa party one night, and we got to test our moves! The
other guests we met during our stay ranged from students to couples to
young travelers.

1  Thank Natalie E
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed here two nights. Shared bathrooms that were at times a bit smelly and not that clean. We stayed in a private room next to the street and it was very noisy. Good location, great breakfast, good wifi. Service was reasonable. Many of the staff and guests smoked despite numerous 'no-smoking' signs.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here 2 nights recently and absolutely loved it. Perfect location in Antigua. The employees are very nice and helpful, and the owner Cesar is a great guy. I really enjoyed my time there, and I would recommend Holistico to anyone looking to stay in Antigua. I also have to mention what an incredible deal it is! I paid around $10US per night and that included breakfast in the morning. All of the other hostels I have stayed at usually include some lame continental breakfast, but not Holistico... It was made to order, huevos rancheros, french toast, etc. Very good food that you would pay $10 for by itself back home. Seriously don't stay anywhere else except Holistico.
Muchas gracias Cesar!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This Hostel is awesome. Straight up. Been over Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Nicaragua and Have slept in a lot of Hostels. Holistico has Captured that hard-to-find fun hostel that you can have a blast in but you can also get a good nights sleep. A hostel is a place to meet people, chat, relax and Sleep. If you want to party.....go to the bar. Ive staying in Jungle Party and The Black cat and those Hostels are social but loud! Holistico has some of the nicest showers I've seen in a hostel in Central America. Good breakfast. Good beds, movies, TV, the list goes on...... For $10???? Cesar has done such a good job making his guests feel welcome and comfortable there is a reason his hostel is so hightly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordan47
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I found Hostal Holistico 2 years ago soon after they opened. I have since stayed there 3 times and I won't stay anywhere else in Antigua. Where to begin...location, location, location. It's located in the heart of Antigua, insanely close to everything. Cesar, Holistico's owner, is a gem - a fountain of knowledge about his beloved town and a friend to all that enter his doors. He was the best hostel owner I have ever encountered and I have traveled the world, 24+ countries all in hostels. The beds are amazing...so comfy they remind me of home. The staff is insanely accommodating, friendly, open, sweet and so hard working. The terrace is the best spot to sit and have breakfast, lunch, dinner, a drink, or have a spontaneous dance party, anything really! They serve delicious breakfast (included!) and the coffee is oh so yummy.

There is a travel agency in the front of the hostel and they have great prices and a really friendly staff. They will care of any travel arrangements you may need, whether it's to climb Pacaya or a ride to the airport.

I highly recommend Hostal Holistico both for seasoned and new travelers. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise, ask for the rooms in the back (not facing the street).