“EXCELLENT!”
Review of Hostal El Montanes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hostal El Montanes
Ranked #74 of 135 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very friendly and welcoming perfect start to our trip. If you want private bathroom ask for it. Would go back. Excellent breaky

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank hairy_franners
Reviewed 14 May 2011

From the minute I entered here, I knew I would love it. Letty, who greets you, is the sweetest person imaginable and would do anything for you. She is professional while also being warm. The hotel is spotless, there is plenty of hot water, and there is a beautiful, large common room which you can treat like your living room, with a piano! The beautiful little garden is lighted with real candles every evening. Letty was kind to me although my Spanish isn't great, and during my stay, she would kindly fill in the right Spanish word for me. I read the review by the woman who said she was "disappointment" in the hotel because Letty doesn´t speak English. Huh? Where did she think she was, in Detroit at an Elks convention? This is Guatemala, people. They speak Spanish there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Katheirne
Reviewed 12 April 2011

It was a wonderfull stay, they pick me at the airport on time, and after a mini tour i found my room very clean and neat, the breakfast was delicious with tipical black beans and eggs, and they took me back after a week at the airport, i had a great time !!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank blanka2
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The establishment is spotless in every way. The entrance is interesting and very neat. Comfortable bed & large well equpped bathroom, however there were many things lacking in this bed & breakfast. I booked this place by speaking to a rather aggressive woman on the phone but I did not foresee that being an issue as the Lonely Planet guide book had it highly recommended. Upon arrival the door was opened by a pre-teen boy who spoke no english and through motions directed me to a room, shut the door and basically disappeared. I had no key, no knowledge of breakfast, guest space, nothing! Eventually his mom appeared and not a word of english or sheet of english instructions. They handed me a phone to speak with the aggressive woman who told me that I should be speaking spanish! I stayed two nights & never saw the english speaking host! Bedroom window did not open. Breakfast was bland with "tang like" o.j.
Never did figure out whether any space was for guests apart from my bedroom. Access to a rather old well worn computer. I was the only guest in the place. One page of information in english or french would have made my stay so much more pleasant . Perhaps the aggressive woman should have been up front at the time of booking & told me that language was a major obstacle.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo