“1 1/2 Blocks from The Central Square”

Hotel Posada San Vicente
Ranked #23 of 133 Antigua B&B and Inns
Kitchener, Canada
“1 1/2 Blocks from The Central Square”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights in the middle of the week (it was almost empty but on Friday they were full) with a room overlooking the fountain and courtyard. Local artwork and beauteous fauna accented the clean comfortable rooms. Be sure to check out the rooftop patio with Volcan Agua dominating the vista. A special thanks to Denise for spending the time to acculturate with a spanish chaIlenged traveller. It's not the Ritz or a partytown but quite accommodating in a good location and a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Thank you staff. You did a great job for our group in April. (Tosa)
I was part of a group who took over this wonderful hotel. The staff , all of them, were pleasant and accomidated all our requests and unspoken needs.
The hotel is not a 5star. It is a small, open garden, roof with a view of the sunrise.
Every morning, I enjoyed my day with coffee and looking at the view of the mountains.
Coffee and tea all day.
The kitchen staff supplied our meals, vegetarian, wonderfully and very tastey. This is not their normal menu items, but all did wonderful. We even emptied the pans.
The hotel is walking distance to the main shopping and sites.
Everyone was pleasant and always with a smile as I past by.

Room Tip: I was in a small 2 bed. Lower. #3 Wonderful shower. Cleaned everyday. I did keep my linen on t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed here at the end of April while taking a class just down the street. Everyone from the class stayed here as well. We were the entire hotel. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel served our group amazing food for breakfasts. Sunset and sunrise on the rooftop terrace was spectacular. The rooms surrounded a sunny courtyard. I loved the feel of indoor/outdoor living. There is a wonderful grocery store with vegan options just across the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again. I highly recommend it for groups; the hotel was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great place to stay, excellent location to get to main attractions in Town , only a seven minute walk from main square . Hotel rooms were comfortable , clean and great showers , and use of kitchen area with full cooking facilities , lots of outdoor seating areas , and a good roof terrace offering views of the volcano , wi -fi in room was good . I stayed on upper floor and looked out on the pretty fountain in middle of courtyard . I found the room decoration colourful and tasteful ,

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RayB65
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This place at first site is all it claims and more. I found this place online advertised for lower rate and asked for them to meet it. They said they couldn't meet that low low price ($14) but they could give me a single room for $25. I still thought that was a bargain. I loved how clean and maintained it was. The garden with wrought iron furniture, the typical Guatemalan wooden furniture, paintings, the spacious rooftop terrace, clean kitchen, and best of all the delightful customer service. I took advantage of the $5 pool at sister hotel and that was excellent. I also took advantage of the 45Q small bag laundry service. I did not however take advantage of $5 breakfast..because i have a local favorite restaurant that i frequent (club sandwich on 3calle). It is minutes away from parque central and all the local spots. I stayed here 2 nights. First night quiet ,hardly anyone here. Next night (thursday) more people and could hear music in my room from next store bar. Not too loud..earplugs always a plus when traveling.
The only (and kinda a big one) complaint is the mattress. I dont know if it is only mine (#19) or all but i was really itchy and got bitten a few times. Only time i experienced bed mites was in small island in Panama...and this felt just like that.
So, with that said everything was great just a bit itchy.
I told the staff about it and they were gracious and apologized and thanked me for giving that feedback. They said they had never heard that.
Overall great experience and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Westport,Ma
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I recently stayed at this charming Posada in Antigua, Guatemala. I found it to be excellent, with a beautiful roof top terrace with views of the volcanos and all of Antigua. My room was clean and comfortable and I was able to see the volcano Aqua from my window. There is a large fully equipped kitchen for guest use. Additionally there is a beautiful fountain and plants all around. The staff I interacted with, Offa, Denise, Marie Flores and Nora were all very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, about a block and a half from central park and with many wonderful restaurants nearby. My only suggestion would be to have better lights for reading next to the bed. The bedside light was too dim. I will return to Guatemala in June for ongoing volunteer work, and I have already made my reservation at this Posada

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed as a group of 4 friends in a big room, the place was clean, central and quiet.

The terrace on the roof is really nice! view on the Volcano! the courtyard is also nice, great colors.

We had a good time in there, the staff is helpful.

The only con is that the wi fi is mainly available nearby the reception and not in the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends