Villa Esthela
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate roomnice rooftop barpor que nonight guardpleasant place to stayshared bathroomguatemala tripminute walkother guestsfiltered waterdormtvhostelbedswifilockersplaza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I don't need a party hostel, but this one was a little too quiet for me. I may have just been unlucky though as there is a rooftop bar, so it had potential. It was never open when I was here. The guesthouse has everything you need, kitchen, tv lounge area, rooftop with gorgeous views, hot water private showers! There were a lot of older travelling couples during my stay. There is a bakery nearby that is always packed. It's so good and cheap! The reason I wouldn't stay here again is the location. It's kind of far away from the action, not too far away, but enough that it got annoying and we wished we had a more central one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a few times during my 6 weeks in Guatemala and was overall teally happy with everything! My airport pick up and drop off were on time with Juan who can speak some english! Danielle the owner/manager is awesome - really friendly, helpful and accommodating! The hostel is not a party hostel - its quiet but still a grat place to meet people as its small with several social airlines. It has a rooftop bar which is sometimes open which is fun! The kitchen is well stiocked and it has cable in the lounge.
My only issue was the place was very 'echoy' but is was aleay really quet after 9pm!
Would definitely recommend it - and you must try the backery near by - best in central america (ask Danielle or another guest and they will know what Im talking about!)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night but it was great. The woman was very friendly and we had two double beds in our private room. It was quiet, wifi was great, and we felt very safe. Left very early so hard to give an accurate description, but would definitely return. Very economical. (Slightly far from good restaurants is the only caveat).

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This place is great. Situated toward the south end of Antigua near a tienda, pharmacy, taqueria, and delicious bakery. Antigua is totally accessible on foot so there really isn't a bad area to stay. We felt safe and comfortable leaving/returning after dark. The staff (Danielle and Juan) are wonderful people. They will help you arrange tours, shuttles, taxis, or just answer questions. The rooms were basic but perfectly comfortable- everything one needs aside from air conditioning. Fans would be a nice addition to the rooms. You can't beat the view from the rooftop terrace- a perfect place to read, relax, or spend an evening in with a few drinks meeting fellow travelers and making friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Enjoyed my stay, and came back for more. great dorm, wonderful rooftop bar. a bit far from city center but quiet and hospitable. There's a clean kitchen although I havent used it. very nice owner, help me a lot.

• Stayed: August 2012