“Clean, friendly, beautiful, and well-priced -- Best place to stay in Antigua”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Tradiciones Antigua
Ranked #13 of 133 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Tradiciones Antigua for three days and two nights and it made for a fantastic Antigua experience. The room was beautiful with great amenities (large/comfy bed, hot shower, clean water, WiFi, courtyard, beautiful rooftop lounge area, delicious breakfasts, etc)

The staff was very friendly and helpful for two 'Spanglish' speakers with no idea of what to do in Antigua. I'd recommend this place to my own mother, who I love dearly.

Thanks for a great stay, Beatriz! Hasta luego!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeremy v
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tradiciones Antigua

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel is absolutely precious! Rooms were all lovely. Suggestion would be to have a slightly larger tv (one room has a very tiny tv..) rooms were all cleaned and sheets/towels changed everyday. Common areas were really nice. Spacious. Wifi connection every were. Breakfast every morning. Fruit, ham, cheese, plantains, beans and eggs. Fresh juice. Hot coffee. My suggestion is to change the breakfast menu occasionally. Perhaps a sweet breakfast, pancakes, French toast, crepes.

The overall experience was absolutely wonderful. The staff is supper friendly. Beatriz is such a sweetheart! And her helper is great too. They make a great team.

It's a great hotel within walking distance from everything in Antigua. If you don't mind walking the location is perfect. For older ladies, the walk may be too much because of the cobble stones and unsafe holes. Watch your step!

Basically this will be my perfect stay in Antigua!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bgarci
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I can't say enough about the charm & warmth of this property & Beatriz who was so sweet & helpful! Our daughter lives nearby, so it was the perfect location for us. The king suite was HUGE, clean & tastefully decorated. It is a short walk to the fabulous restaurants & shops. We loved the views from the rooftop terrace. Breakfast was good; fresh fruit, eggs cooked to order & pancakes each morning. We highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Antigua!

Room Tip: If you want privacy the suite on the second floor is nice. All rooms looked charming.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here in February 2014, and loved it! It is a lovely place, and the staff was was welcoming and helpful. They made sure everything was perfect. The location is good, an easy walk to the center of town. It is a really wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margee M
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a great hotel I love it. I went to assist to meting about Forest Stakeholders and due to it´s a small hotel I can concentrate optimal in my business…The Beatriz´ attention it´s wonderful. I stayed in the Suit, spectacular, Jacuzzi, fireplace…the room is enormous... I want to return… for holydays…

Room Tip: take the suit.... have jacuzzi.....wonderfull
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at this B&B for four days in February 2014 and were thoroughly pleased. The accommodations were nice and clean and the staff (especially Beatriz) went out of their way to see to it that you were enjoying your stay and everything was to your liking. As an example, on the first morning, we asked if they had hot chocolate. They didn't but the next two mornings, they made sure they did.

It's just such a delightful B&B. We thought our room was beautiful and charming as well as the rest of the B&B, with the courtyard and rooftop terrace. We also found the location to be nice. It's just blocks from the center of town.

Overall, it was fantastic and we cannot recommend this B&B enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I chose this hotel after much research on where to stay in Antigua. My husband and I were very happy with my choice. The rooms are beautiful and clean - super charming and full of Antiguan character. The city has a bit of a European/Guatemalan fusion feel and so does the hotel.
The hotel arranged pick up for us at the airport. The driver had a sign with our name on it and was right on time. This was extra, but totally worth it, since at $40 it was about the same as a cab ride anyway.
The breakfast - which is of course included in the price is delicious and varied. Pancakes are a welcome break when you've been surviving off eggs and beans in the rest of the country.
The rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. My husband got a little hot at night, but there was a fan and really I was fine.
The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. We didn't require much, but did reserve a shuttle to another city for us easily.
The location is in walking distance of everything in town. It's a little on the edge and more residential than some, but we still never took a cab. At night, walking back from the restaurants, the streets get a bit quiet and empty - so you might consider taking a cab just for safety's sake. Of course, we never took one and didn't have any problems.
All in all, I certainly recommend this hotel. It's excellent value for what you pay. We will likely stay there again when we come back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple