US$180
  • Room Service
US$308
US$141
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$144
US$132
US$99
US$89
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Arrived at the hotel and once situated in our room, there were several things that we noticed right away. First, there was an unpleasant odor. This odor worsened when the water in the bathroom was turned on. The "bathroom" was very small - I could wash my hands, empty my bladder, and (almost) take a shower without leaving the same spot. There was no air conditioning but this isn't the worst thing in the world as the temperatures were not hot. There was also a dog somewhere close that continually barked for about two hours (up until we left the hotel to find some friends). Hot water was available if you were willing to wait 5-10 minutes. All in all, it just left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2016

We really loved this place. It's charming, and our room (the second floor suite) was very clean, beautifully decorated, great view across the rooftop to the volcano. Karla's English is good, and she was very helpful, arranging rides for us and answering questions. She's not a native of Antigua, so we didn't find her the perfect person to help us plan our day, but she gave us brochures and helped us track down information. The rooftop is a fabulous place to spend an hour or two with a beverage and a book - the most amazing views of the city, of gardens, of the mountains. No complaints about the shower as I saw in another review - my husband took a cold shower because he turned it the wrong way, but I turned it the right way and had a lovely shower.
Breakfast was very good, although we were there for five morning, and would have enjoyed a little more variety. But good coffee and excellent fresh fruit every day makes me happy...they also made some really good salsa for the eggs.
I would absolutely stay here again. For us, this is the right kind of place - beautiful, clean, great bed, the right kind of charm to make you feel like you're someplace special. I am not a fancy chain hotel kind of person...I love these unique places that I remember fondly as adding to the vacation experience, rather than just a place to stay.
We had trouble with wifi when we first arrived, but Karla contacted someone to troubleshoot, and helped get it going.

Room Tip: Loved our suite on the 2nd floor-more $ than the other rooms, but still reasonable compared to comparably nice places in other countries.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

I was so disappointed in this hotel, that we only stayed there an hour. I told my husband that I didn't care what it cost, but we had to find another place to stay. We were the only people there. No one spoke English. We couldn't get the wifi to work. You had to let the water run for 10 minutes before it got hot. There was a dog howling non-stop for the hour we were there. Sounded like it was locked up somewhere close to our room. They want payment in cash. No Credit cards. BEWARE!! I do not recommend this place to anyone!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Karla G, Gerente at Hotel Tradiciones Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

I really sorry for your bad experience with us, we work hard to trying make the stay of our guest a pleasant
1. I wrote to your husband told him that the day you arrived would be my day off; I am the person who attend guest and I speak English. This day I would return in the afternoon.
2. You never said nothing about the problem with wifi signal to the person in the front desk, because she could have helped.
3. We can´t control what happen with the neigbour´s dog. And we can´t complain for that with them at 3pm o´clock of the day in a regular day. When you were trying to sleep. I sorry for that.
4. Your husband knew very well about our payment way, and he accepted since the first time he wrote a month and half before your arrival.
5. The time for hot shower is 3 min. probably you turn to the wrong side the shower handle.
6. I really regret this complain. But I sincerely believe that you are blaming us for your anger due your previous problems of losing your connecting flight and the loss of your luggage where you had party clothes for the wedding you attended.
7. Even you were not our guest anymore, I was helping to your husband the next day calling to airline office asking about your lost luggage when he came to ask me.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Karla is wonderfully friendly and helpful, the place has only 5 rooms/suite so it's very quiet. Perfect breakfast served as you like (thanks Vanessa) and we know that those little attentions are making the difference : I felt at home there. And the view from the rooftop is simply the best you can imagine in Antigua! I'm loooking forward to coming again there!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 2nd floor ;) more light
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This hotel is in a beautiful building in the northeast quadrant of the old city. It is an easy walk to the central square and two blocks from the city's fanciest hotel, St. Domingo. We stayed in the master suite, which was incredibly luxurious and about half the price of a basic room at St. Domingo. The room was huge with a very comfortable king-size bed. The room has a functioning fireplace that we used on a cool night--very romantic. The bathroom adds to the romance; it has a two person jacuzzi that provides instant relaxation after long days of sight seeing. French doors lead to a large balcony overlooking the hotels central courtyard. A stairway from the balcony leads to a roof deck that provides great views in all directions. Carla and her staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast is big and delicious and served in a dining room with old-time charm. I will definitely choose this hotel (and, if possible, the same room) the next time I go to Antigua.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business