“Gourmet cheese in Guate”
Review of Metiz Bistro Frances - CLOSED

Metiz Bistro Frances
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Now in Guatemala City, this is the new place for tasting real traditional french food. Duck confit, tartare de boeuf, lamb tenderloin, everything is done to taste like in france. Bon appetit
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am a big cheese fan and the options are definitely limited in Guatemala. I was so happy when i discovered this place! They have a great selection and their sandwiches and sweets are great too. Yum!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had the pasta and it was delicious with a very generous portion. The prices are amazing and the location is great (one block off the square). Definitely would go back again.

1  Thank Cynthia V
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ate here twice during our two weeks in Antigua. Both times were great. The sandwiches are fresh with high quality ingredients. The Prosciutto on the ham sandwiches was excellent. They even had some decent beers. After drinking Cabros and Gallos all week it was nice to have a Leffe. The lemonada were wonderful too. All while while having a great seat to watch life go by on the street outside. Excellent presentation and nice jazzy tunes. You can't miss with this place.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When we move back to Seattle, I'm going to miss Metiz immensely! I tried the vegetarian sandwich on wheat. My 4-year-old son grabbed half of the sandwich and when I took a bite, I almost didn't love him enough to share it. It was so good.

My husband enjoyed his Parisiano and my picky twins, who never try anything new, gobble up their ham and cheese croissant. We also tried the chocolate mousse and it, too, was delicious!

The prices are very reasonable. Most of the sandwiches are about $5. Dessert was about $3. It's located 1 block north of Central Park. The bathrooms are clean. Service was friendly and quick - we went on a Tuesday at 11:00am and we were the only ones there.

I can't wait to go back and try other items!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I always get the vegetarian sandwich and it is really good. I've tried some of the desserts and they are great as well. Good service too!