“Serious Coffee Shop for Serious Coffee Lovers”
Review of Tretto Caffe

Tretto Caffe
Ranked #17 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Antigua
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've been in town for 3 years and have had coffee in just about every cafe in town. Being from a part of the states that takes our coffee shops a little TOO seriously, I've had a hard time finding my home base here. Until I found Tretto! Not only is the coffee and espresso great quality, but the variety of coffee-based drinks is completely unmatched. If you know Antigua at all, you know we drink two things in excess: coffee and liquor. Tretto's got both covered with a bunch of Irish-coffee style drinks with a lot more creativity and care put into them. Frosty is passionate about coffee and will happily answer any questions about his coffee, and also makes the cutest damn latte art I've ever seen (owls, dogs, bears, frogs... seriously impressive). Well worth the walk all the way across town from my apartment!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Was excited to check this place out being that I love coffee and the reviews were great. Not sure if it was an off day but the barista was very aloof and more focused on his computer. I asked for a double latte (extra shot) but it wasn't strong at all. The worst part was that it was just warm. I couldn't drink it so asked for another shot which I had ordered originally. So he added another but it was still warm and didn't make much difference. So I drank what I could manage (half) and left. Not impressed at all.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Had a fantastic cappuccino here. Quite small but friendly service, great selection of beers and even though I wasn't hungry I had to order the spinach and bacon quesedilla after trying my friend's one as it was delicious. Everything is at a pretty cheap price too. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I'm addicted to everything about this place. Mostly Frosty. To start he roasts his own coffee at home and brings it in, he also has a wide knowledge of tea, the best cheesecake in town and the best artesian beers in town. I never miss a day at this place

1  Thank JessyWadeson
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am a coffee snob. Used to love Refugio's but consistency became an issue there. (The owner makes the best coffee but he is seldom around anymore.) So glad that I decided to try Tretto's a couple weeks ago. They make delicious espressos, cortados and even do flat whites. Haven't tried any other drinks as these are my preferences. Barista is the only other place in town that makes a fantastic espresso but their other drinks are too milky and cost quite a bit more than Tretto's. Great wifi service too.