“Great local stop in Antigua”

Posada de Don Rodrigo
Ranked #39 of 391 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

If you want a unique place to eat, this is it! Amazing views, and even a cool show every night at 8pm.

If you're in Antigua, definitely stop here!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I did not eat anything here, but the drinks were fantastic and presented beautifully. The view from this rooftop was gorgeous. It was peaceful and allowed you to see much of the old city from a different and wonderful view. There is also wifi available.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had lunch in this restaurant in May 2014. I was recommended it by my tour guide.

For main course I had "Pepian" which is a Guatemalan dish of chicken in a spicy gravy. This was served with tortillas, rice and a tamale. The chicken was lovely and moist, the sauce full of flavours but not too overpowering to take away the taste of the chicken. The portion size was perfect too.

For dessert I had "Flan Antigüeño" which I'm told is a Guatemalan equivalent of a crème caramel. The dish was light and the fruit that accompanied the dish was a nice palate cleanser.

To drink I had a local "Gallo" beer. On a warm day an ice cold beer always goes down well!

My highlights of this place are the good customer service, and the view from the rooftop terrace of the surrounding mountains and volcanoes. A really beautiful setting.

My lunch cost $20 which maybe seems a little high but the quality of the food and the service warrants the price in my opinion.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were brought to this restaurant by the tour guide. Stunned by the beauty of the flowers and old stone settings, we had a lovely meal. The prices were a bit high, but the food was a bit upscale. This is not your small taco place! Bright, striped serapes on the tables, very clean, professional waiters, beautifully decorated.

The menu was extensive, with many choices and our guide helped us navigate it. We ordered local beer, (really good!) and enchiladas..these are not Mexican enchiladas ...you are not in Mexico! They came with cool beets shredded on top and were delightfully good. There was also an ample portion, even for the men. Good guacamole accompanied the order, with three fresh chips. A young woman makes the flour tortillas near you. There was a mariachi band playing in the courtyard. The restaurant is just so lovely, it is a destination by itself. Many of our fellow tourists were taking tons of photos of the various fountains, flowers and stone areas. It was a welcome respite from the heat and sudden downpour of this day. We would definitely return!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We sat on the terrace overlooking the beautiful property of the hotel, volcanoes etc. Was beautiful! Definitely a place to have a drink or appetizer. My lunch consisted of a small avocado split in half with basically canned tuna placed inside with soda crackers. Couldn't believe it actually for the high end place it is. So, not sure the food is the best here, but the hotel and view make it worth a visit.