We luckily found a bargain price to stay for 2 nights at this hotel. We have stayed at the best hotels in many parts of the world and this place shines bright. The rooms are stunning. Large multi-room suite with balcony if you stay on the second floor. In the early evening candles are everywhere lighting the walkways and inner courtyards. The staff was very attentive. Breakfast in the restaurant was best ordered off the menu. The buffet is great but pricey compared to the menu orders. The massage offering is steep but may be worth the splurge.
This hotel we found out was actually noted to be the #1 place to see in Antigua!
They did a phenomenal job building the around the ruins. It is well worth the price to stay. Can't wait to get back .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1979 UNESCO declared the colonial city of La Antigua Guatemala as a World Cultural Heritage Site turning it to a recognized treasure of exceptional value before the eyes of the world. In the XVII Century, the Convent of Santo Domingo was one of the largest in America and in 1773, the earthquake of Santa Marta almost totally destroyed it. In 1989, the project known as Casa Santo Domingo was developed with the primary objective of rescuing the vestiges of the Convent and Temple buried under tons of rubble. Hotel Museum Spa Casa Santo Domingo progressively emerged where each corner is a page lost in time that joins others to form a beautiful chapter of the great book of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Santo Domingo Hotel Antigua
- Casa Santo Domingo Antigua Guatemala