“Great Hotel. Also for bigger groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Posada Del Angel

Posada Del Angel
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Immenstadt im Allgau, Germany
“Great Hotel. Also for bigger groups”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice with a group of friends. The place is fantastic, the service great and the city a must for any Guatemala traveler. After walking around I ended up in a "shady neighborhood" after dark. One of the locals even gave me a ride back to the hotel asking nothing in return. Love that country.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jespersanfran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been to Antigua three times and I stayed at Posada del Angel on my first visit. It is a small gorgeous bed and breakfast. President Clinton stayed here many years ago. It was sold recently and updated so it should be even nicer then when I stayed there. The rooms are beautifully decorated with fabrics and furniture from Antiqua. Each room has a fire place. There is no restaurant but you don't need one. there are so many wonderful restaurant in Antiqua that you want to go out and visit them. We did order in one nigh and the staff was very helpful in getting us menu's they have book of all the places that will deliver to the hotel so that was a perfect end to a long day of shopping. I would stay here again in a heart beat if I had my choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tonk18
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Posada del Angel for one night at the end of our Guatemalan vacation. I wish I knew about this gem from day one. It was, by far, the best hotel we stayed at in Guatemala (and we spent two nights in the princess suite at Casa Santa Domingo!). The rooms were gorgeous, the service was impeccable and the food was absolutely delicious. The staff knew us by name and were so helpful with restaurant recommendations, things to do in Antigua, etc... Breakfast was incredible (coffee, fresh squeezed juice, toast and your choice of eggs). We had the choice of eating in the beautiful dining room, the stunning rooftop terrace or the privacy of our own room (I highly recommend the terrace). The pool was breathtaking and we were greeted with fresh towels after our swim. It was definitely sad to say goodbye to this remarkable place. If I'm ever in Antigua again I will spend every night at Posada del Angel and I highly recommend you do the same!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank LaurenAshleigh11
Cuenca
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is perhaps one of the best experiences i have had in my traveler life. Posada del Angel offers a great atmosphere, beautiful decoration and stunning local architecture of the colonial Guatemala.
Every detail has been well thaught. Each room is decorated in a beautiful unique way.
The pool living area is one of my favorites fromany other hotel imhave stayed previously
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Any room is a great option
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank JuanchoCuenca
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed here several times with my husband and now take a group of friends there every year. Never fails to impress. It makes you feel like you stepped back in history with modern day comforts. It feels like a home. The staff work to accommodate your every wish and need. I am a fan of the Casa Santo Domingo, but I think this Posada del Angel adds the personal touch that you just don't fine in the larger hotels. Anibal and his entire staff are superb. Love It!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AudreyKellyDyer
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent nearly a week there. and It was fantastic !
You get to feel so comfortable, that you dont want to leave really.
The staff was very nice and happily answers all of my questions about the city, places to go and things to do.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike T
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lovely oasis in Antigua. Location is great -- just off of the main plaza and very quiet. Staff was great -- Simon even got up at 5am to give me a coffee when I left for the airport. Rooms are good sized. Very romantic

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo