My aunt and I spent three nights at the Posada in December, and I really loved it. We had the blue room, which had twin beds and its own wood-burning fireplace. It wasn't huge, but it was great for two people and beautifully decorated. I also enjoyed spending time in the indoor/outdoor lounge, with its fireplace, interesting antiques and comfy furnishings. the roof terrace overlooking Antigua and the surrounding mountains was also a pleasant place for a glass of wine. We even saw some fireworks from here one night! I didn't try the lap pool, but it certainly was a pleasant addition to the ambience.
The staff too was very friendly and warm. The porter/waiter/jack-of-all-trades staff person insisted on getting up early to make sure we had juice and sandwiches to take with us when we left at 6:00 a.m.
The Posada is on the southern edge of town, but it's still walking distance to everything in Antigua. Its slightly out-of-the-way location means there's little traffic noise to disturb you, even during the day.
When we come back to Antigua - and I do hope to come back soon - I would love to stay again at the Posada del Angel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper hideaway report, is recognized world-wide by its 7 personalized suites (each with a good burning fire place) and high quality/first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Posada Del Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada Del Angel Antigua Guatemala