Three of us stayed in the hotel for seven nights and ate in the sports bar about 10 times. We spent our days at an orphanage, so returned each night exhausted and didn't have the energy to venture out of the hotel. With seven waiters to help maybe five diners, the service should have been great. We would ask for bread 4 times at about 5 minute intervals before it would appear. Everything would be an ordeal. We would marvel at how busy they were at doing nothing. Four people were always enthralled at two computers. Our needs were never anticipated and they didn't seem to recognize us from morning to evening or day to day. One morning, I asked for tres coffee con leche, then my friend asked for the same. We went through the breakfast buffet and returned to the table to find one cup of coffee -- even though we asked for the same thing every morning from the same waiters. Our cups were NEVER refilled or a new beer order taken without our flagging down a waiter. Loudly. I have visited many countries and eaten in many places and have NEVER had this bad of service in any place in the world. The food, however, was passably good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soleil La Antigua, colonial style to keep the harmony with one of the most beautiful destination, ANTIGUA GUATEMALA is a treasure chest of customs and traditions and is situated on the base of a volcano, it combines with full service hotel, restaurant, Mayan Thai Spa, gym, gardens, pools, tennis court and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Soleil La Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soleil La Antigua Hotel Antigua
- Soleil La Antigua Guatemala
- Antigua Villa Guatemala
- Soleil La Antigua Hotel Guatemala