“vacations”
Review of Soleil La Antigua

Soleil La Antigua
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was on vacation in Antigua Guatemala and stayed at the Hotel Soleil Antigua, I liked the customer service but I think it can be improved especially in the taste of the food. Did not like the humidity in the room, there was no heating. I think it is very nice but is far from the center of the fun.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first level.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am from Boston Massachusetts. My father's family is from Guatemala. We decided to take the whole family to Soleil La Antigua, and we are so happy we stayed there. The guest rooms were so comfortable and clean. The are 3 swimming pools, a tennis court, soccer field, and a wonder view of the scenery!! Through out our stay we all felt that the customer service was very excellent. We were a little uneasy about going out alone taking buses and taxis, but we were fortunate to have a car service which is part of the hotel to take us to places!!!

Room Tip: You should def ask the front desk for a room with a good view!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The old town of Antigua is a not to miss juel; and the Hotel lies about 100m from the old section perimeter. Our nice room, No 253, was spacy and had a nice wooden roof and a fireplace. The only negatives for us: no refrigerator and very low lighting for reading in bed. The hotel is a whole resort area, with low buildings, pleasant inner spaces, a nice garden with tropical flowers and an open swimming pool. Breakfast buffet was also very good with a reasonable variety. I would say that the hotel atmosphere does not distroy the unique sense of livivg in another, old, better world, which lingers in old Antigua. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Odd room-Nos have view to the pool, the even ones to the mountain
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Well, the bed is good and comfortable, That's a real plus. But the kitchen looks like the one I had when I was in college in 1980, which is probably when this one was built. The little dorm-room sized refrigerator looks just like the one I had then too, except mine worked better. No way to form ice-cubes since the freezer part has no door. After I upped it to maximum, about a day later, I finally got the waters we bought cold. The kitchen cabinets were locked but they finally came and unlocked them. I guess they have problems with guests stealing the pots pans. They did supply a couple of nice frying pans that still had the non-stick surfaces intact. Some places you get old pans that stick to everything you try to cook. Cabinets must be from the 70's. Little beat-up burner did work, however. Little micro worked fine too. There was no tub plug so no way to take a bath. It took about 4 visits to get that fixed with the reception saying just push in the plug and me saying, what plug? it's gone. Finally they sent a very nice young man who could not fix it and finally brought an us an old plastic plug that we were able to use and make stay in the bottom by putting it under the mat, and sitting on the mat. The make-up mirror was pretty banged up and kind of hanging crocked on the wall but if you wedge a towel between it the wall, you can make it stay in place to see. I agree that most days one does not really need air conditioning here in La Antigua because of the altitude, but on the really warm days, ceiling fans would have been nice. Fortunately, I had brought a little battery-powered fan . Have not tried the pool yet. Very attentive at the restaurant. All in all, nice grounds, nice people, outdated & somewhat dilapidated rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Hi to everybody ,, Talking about this Hotel Bring be back to the calm and relaxing is a magnetic city with this kind of place make more great staying, The Entrance look like a typical Resort but once you get into the Lobby look fresh and a nice smile special the front desk Team who speak a good English and are professionals,, The room are nice they give me a great deal about the rate room charge but the amenities are so Poor they just put 2 small tiny bottle of shampoo and this one is also a accordionist well the hearth what is nice have a matches but are not too cold room maybe could help the heater electrical and air condition Please mostly of the market they have is american's they use to love being in a room with this small items well one thing else is about internet connection almost they could consider with the WiFi free in the Lobby please after that the Hotel is just nice and well I took a tennis class with Hector was really kind and the lady for the Gym also so help.. Remember to ask for a special discount of 25 % in the Spa and enjoy the really nice breakfast. what I consider was better than The others hotels I been in Guatemala because for be a tropical area are not that good in breakfast I think.
Have fun and enjoy all your staying In this nice Soleil Hotel

Room Tip: Ask for the room with view to the swimming poll because the o posit are with a wall view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Kelly M, Gerente at Soleil La Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Good morning:

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, we are very happy that you had a great time here. Thanks for the time you took just to wrote us, remember you will always be welcome to Hotel Soleil La Antigua.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Went there using a timeshare. It is a very nice setting, everything is well maintained, large rooms, 2 pools. If I actually paid I would have find a place within the main Antigua square. There are 2 ways to get to Parque Centrale but both will expose you to the endemic Chicken Bus fumes... another "minus" would be the cost of everything which is twice as much as almost everywhere else in Antigua... I guess that I would still consider the place if I brought children because of the pools and the security of a closed off resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Good morning:

We appreciate the time you took just to wrote us, thank you for your comment, we are taking into acount your experience. We have bus service to the square six times a day without payment for the guests comfort. Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had a conference here and it was a good base for the meetings with well laid out grounds. the breakfast and foo was ok but not great. They did have a reasonable coffee shop. The rooms where big and had great space. The beds comfortable and quiet. The gym was a bit to small and without much gear. Beautiful gardens.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Newnhamp

Good afternoon:

Thank you for write us, this kind of comments help us to increase our good service and to take notes of the changes we have to improve. Keep in mind that you will always be welcome to Hotel Soleil La Antigua.