I was fortunate enough to be transferred from a room that had not been renovated to one that had some recent upgrades. The first night in the first room was noisy and smelly. We could hear the street traffic and smell diseal fumes what felt like all night. This may have been due to the fact we had arrived on Saturday the day after All saints day and there was a lot of locals vacationing in Antigua. The first room also had a very dirty looking rug that I would never dream going bear foot on. I was really disappointed with the quality of the first room. I had used a Getaway package with Interval International and I am acostumed to a certain quality. I coummunicated this to front desk and they were able to upgrade me to room 315 which is a two bedroom suite with two full bathrooms and a fully stocked kitchen. This room was referred to as the villa and 6 people would sleep comfortably here with its pull out couch, two twin beds and one king size bed. The size of the room was overkill for me and my mother but the rooms were emaculate. The maid and wait staff were AMAZING! and very patient with my Spanish. The front desk was hit or miss when it came to helpfulness. I had to stay at this hotel for 7 days and found the females at the front desk were a little more helpful then the males. The guys appeared clueless at times and could be very frustrating to work with. Because of the two swimming pools, two playgrounds, tennis courts and fitness center I plan to return with the husband, kids and inlaws. The next time will be for vacation and not business. I feel that just the gorgeous gardens and panoramic volcanoe views make this a wonderful place to stay. Next time I would make sure we start out in a renovated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soleil La Antigua, colonial style to keep the harmony with one of the most beautiful destination, ANTIGUA GUATEMALA is a treasure chest of customs and traditions and is situated on the base of a volcano, it combines with full service hotel, restaurant, Mayan Thai Spa, gym, gardens, pools, tennis court and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soleil La Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soleil La Antigua Hotel Antigua
- Soleil La Antigua Guatemala
- Antigua Villa Guatemala
- Soleil La Antigua Hotel Guatemala