“Antigua Guatemala so beautiful!”
Review of Soleil La Antigua

Soleil La Antigua
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We usually stay here ounce or twice a year, every time we visit Guatemala, it's beautiful, they have Villas, so comfortable like being at home.
People are so nice, so helpful, nice swimming pools, spa and sauna.
We recommend this place to stay in the most beautiful city in Guatemala, Antigua Guatemala is so colonial.

Room Tip: It is better to travel during the off season time. Get all the information that you can about visit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was fortunate enough to be transferred from a room that had not been renovated to one that had some recent upgrades. The first night in the first room was noisy and smelly. We could hear the street traffic and smell diseal fumes what felt like all night. This may have been due to the fact we had arrived on Saturday the day after All saints day and there was a lot of locals vacationing in Antigua. The first room also had a very dirty looking rug that I would never dream going bear foot on. I was really disappointed with the quality of the first room. I had used a Getaway package with Interval International and I am acostumed to a certain quality. I coummunicated this to front desk and they were able to upgrade me to room 315 which is a two bedroom suite with two full bathrooms and a fully stocked kitchen. This room was referred to as the villa and 6 people would sleep comfortably here with its pull out couch, two twin beds and one king size bed. The size of the room was overkill for me and my mother but the rooms were emaculate. The maid and wait staff were AMAZING! and very patient with my Spanish. The front desk was hit or miss when it came to helpfulness. I had to stay at this hotel for 7 days and found the females at the front desk were a little more helpful then the males. The guys appeared clueless at times and could be very frustrating to work with. Because of the two swimming pools, two playgrounds, tennis courts and fitness center I plan to return with the husband, kids and inlaws. The next time will be for vacation and not business. I feel that just the gorgeous gardens and panoramic volcanoe views make this a wonderful place to stay. Next time I would make sure we start out in a renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank zarias
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was simply GORGEOUS! The beautiful style of outside being inside, the surrounding scenery, and the stunning landscaping make this hotel paradise! The hotel was currently undergoing renovations to include more comfortable beds, better shower heads, and tile flooring. Our room was yet to be renovated, but the rest of our group members rooms had been completed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food was quite good. The Thai Spa was beautiful and accommodating, as well as very reasonable price-wise. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaeRaeJoy
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed a week at this hotel. Our stay was comfortable and the front desk really tried to be accomodating - but english is limited and my spanish is poor! Be sure to review your bill at the end of your stay to avoid any overcharges. Tips are added to every little thing. Also, service is slow so plan accordingly.

No A/C or heat in the rooms - but a ceiling fan is available as well as fireplace. The beds are pretty small. I'm definetely not tall and my feet kept hitting the edge of the bed. No in-room safes which are a major inconvenience.

Hotel is situated in a secured compound - so it felt safe wandering around the hotel. Hotel is probably a 3 star by US standards. Hotel grounds are beautiful and are kept very nicely. You can exchange funds easily at the front desk.

Small souvenirs are available within the hotel compound for sale. I didn't use the spa firsthand - but heard that it was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Getpacked77
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This property has such potential but is missing something. We stayed for 3 nights. On the plus side, the rooms were spacious with vaulted ceilings, kitchenette, living room, and one bedroom. Great televisions in both living room and bedroom. good maid staff (friendly). Negatives: outdated decor, carpet is well-used, no in-room coffee service (which would be a nice touch), front desk staff.

I was most disappointed with the front desk staff who were not very friendly (no eye contact) and non responsive to my requests. The hotel offers a "free" shuttle service but only 3 times a day and only to the central square in Antigua. Any deviations from this and they will charge way more than a taxi or tuk-tuk. When we called for a taxi, they escorted us to the hotel shuttle instead and proceeded to take us the short distance to our restaurant. It was not even to the central square and they charged us Q30. Unbelievable.
While this property is adequate, there are many better choices in Antigua (I'm a regular traveler to Antigua), so my next visit will be to a different property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PoppyQuinn
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed for three nights for our honeymoon and it was very pleasant. The rooms are big and have are big and have a fireplace for cold nights, very romantic. Nice pool and fitness center, but the spa is a little bit overpriced. The only downside was that around 8 people started working on remodeling the room next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at soleil doe a week while in Antigua Guatemala and it was great all of the people at the hotel were extremely nice and very helpful. Our stay was wonderfuI. The room was very nice and the grounds were exquisite. We have been staying many time over the past 25 years and have always enjoyed it. Also the spa was delightful.

Room Tip: We have stayed through our time share and have even brought our children with us on other trips
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple