“Amazing!”
Review of Meson Panza Verde

Meson Panza Verde
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in Meson Panza Verde for one night - and it was really an amazing experience! From one side it is luxurious, from another one - very authentic, and definitely, it is extremely cozy. For your understanding - there are around 12 rooms in the whole hotel. We were staying in Junior suite. Overall, the room was decorated so wonderful, that we had a feeling that we want to take home every second piece of furniture. There was even a real fireplace! The only thing about the room which did not exceed our expectations was view - we were looking at green hedge.
Regarding food: we had exceptional dinner at hotel's restaurant (even though it was quite expensive). Breakfast disappointed us a bit: there was tasty juice and cappuccino, but choice of food was very limited (eggs, butter, cake, some fruit).
Overall, the hotel is located quite far from city center. But the city is so small itself that in fact it is around 7 minutes walking distance. Also please note - hotel's location is marked incorrectly at least at booking.com! We spent 15 minutes trying to find the place according to that map.

2  Thank Оксана Д

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I had an amazing 2 night stay in this hotel. This was our first trip to Guatemala and loved every second. The hotel was architecturally beautiful, with so much detail and delicious decor! From in room fire places to hand made wash basins, this was truly an incredible experience and would definitely be staying when we go back!

Room Tip: get one with a fire place!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Meson Panza Verde is a great place to stay, though maybe not with young children (they would not understand). It is dressed like a colonial period elite residence. They have nice fire places in the bar and restaurant. The breakfast in simple but very nice. I think we were in the cheapest room and it was still nice.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I don't have words to describe what a magical place is El Meson Panza Verde. The rooms, the atmosphere , the food and all the wonderful staff that make you feel at home..Now it's one of my favorite places.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a brief stay at Meson Panza Verde on the weekend of June 6, 2014; what a pleasant surprise upon entering the gates!!!!!!! This property is absolutely wonderful!!! Although relatively new, the hotel seems like it has been there forever - in the nicest possible way. The décor is fabulous and very fitting. The rooms are cozy, yet very generous in size; mine ( which I paid about 80 + taxes USD) had a lovey "French Quarter" balcony and tons of natural light shining in. The bathroom( which looked down over the luxurious lap pool) was totally unexpected and oh, sooooooooo fabulous!!!! The location is spot on - just a few blocks down the cobblestone street from the main square ( a lovely and safe walk any time of day or night). The breakfast was so enjoyable that I was frustrated to have passed on dinner the night before: fresh home made tamales, moist "cornbread" w jalapenos, blueberry muffins with the biggest blue berries ever - so big you could only eat part of one, fresh coconut water, eggs, tons of fresh fruit including even rambutans.... In the evening there was live music. The staff was "5 star" attentive and even helpful before arrival via email. The only negative I have, and I do in fact think that it should be mentioned only to help others; I went to a dinner at a restaurant off property and when I walked back I stood in the light rain banging on the gate trying to get in - they had locked up, without warning me that it would be locked. I waited for a short time by myself in the dark ( never feeling unsafe, but none the less locked out) until one of the workers was leaving. So just be sure to remind the desk that you will be arriving late, so they look out for you. I will definitely come back ( in fact I can not wait to come back for a longer stay); I have already recommended Meson Panza Verde to traveling friends around the globe.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TinaTravelstheWorld
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Surprisingly not many travelers know Panza Verde exists... if they did I think they'd have booked here during their Antigua stay. This place is a gem... incredible restaurant, some of the only jazz found in Antigua, really unique boutique rooms, close to the centre of town and so well decorated... it feels like a true 5 star option, but at the same time it feels like you're one of the few people who gets to experience it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were a family of three with my husband and I occupying one room and our daughter a second room. We had a porch right outside our rooms with hammocks. My daughter's rooms were lovely with a high ceiling in the bathroom, and a sitting room in addition to her bedroom. Ours was more of a normal room, but still large and lovely. We were on the second floor. I did not hear any of the restaurant noise, but I must confess that I am a sleeping pill user, and also use "white noise". Our one dinner there was nice. Breakfast was nice, but it was the same for all or our 4 days there. It would have been nice to not have the exact same choices every day. The lady at the desk was very helpful when we asked her for help. I did notice that they didn't vacuum the stairs up to our rooms for 3 days, and they were quite in need of it. I can't comment on the value, since my husband booked them, but he thought it was appropriate enough to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family