“Maya Traditions Travel Agency, Antigua, Guatemala”

Mayan Traditions Day Tours
Ranked #18 of 55 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Mayan Traditions is located in the heart of magnificent Antigua, just two blocks from central park. We offer safe, affordable, and exciting tours which share the customs, cultures, histories and traditions of this beautiful country we call home. Our tours include transportation in clean and safe passenger vans with excellent drivers and professional guides. We are an authorized company by the Guatemalan Institute of Tourism according to the resolution 729-2001 and would be pleased to offer suggestions for your next trip to Antigua.
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was in Guatemala for a 2 week period, travelling with my brother/sister-in-law(April/2013) and used Maya Tradition for pick-ups & drop offs to/from Guatemala City airport, as well as longer journeys to Rio Dulce and on to Tikal. Claudia & Jorge were very efficient, professional, trustworthy and warm & friendly to boot! Jorge is a very good, careful driver - essential in guatemala! I highly recommend Claudia, Jorge & Maya Traditions Travel agency to anyone - I will definitely use them again on my return to Guatemala. sonya a.

4  Thank sonya a

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Living In Antigua, there is a lot of choice in terms of travel and tour operators, choosing the right operator can be a daunting prospect!. I met Claudia and Jorge in 2008 when I was here. Since when I have used only them for me and for all my family and friends who visit here regularly. The small office, tucked away on 6a Avenida is a treasure!!! A friendly atmosphere with good solid advice and support. Nothing is too much or too difficult. Always safe and on time. Any change in travel plans and you are informed immediately. Forget travel anxieties in Antigua...go to Claudia and Jorge!! Enjoy Guatemala!!!!

4  Thank Nayna R
Reviewed 19 March 2013

What a great little agency!! I have only been to Antigua a couple of times and don't speak Spanish! Claudia at Mayan Traditions makes it so easy! Friendly polite and VERY efficient. Early morning pick ups bang on time. Phone calls if any even slight changes to timings. Trip details made clear. Local tips "Make sure you take a torch to Tikal as no electricity at nigh etc etc."

Pop in to their office and they sort it all out for you. REALLY nice caring and genuine attitude !!
Highly recommended.

4  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Seriously. Reliability when travelling in Central America can be difficult to come by. But if you're planning a visit to Guatemala, look no further. I frequent Antigua and the surrounding areas for business/travel and have absolutely no reason to look for another transportation company. Whether you are planning an airport pick-up from Guat City, want the skinny on excursions while in Antigua and the surrounding areas, or you simply need a trustworthy ride to the well-researched destinations you've already picked out to visit, these are your people. Fair prices, knowledgable staff, well-maintained vehicles, and smiles to boot. Did I mention they were on-time? Mind-blowing promptness. Give them your business. You won't be disappointed.

5  Thank KennyIsGo
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We hired Jorge and his company to provide us with all of our transportation needs in the Antigua area. They were prompt, dressed professionally and their vehicles were safe and clean. Jorge drove us out and picked us up from Panajachel on Lake Atitlan. We needed to depart from Panajachel early in the morning, he was on-time (given that he had to drive for two hours to pick us up) and ready to greet us. Then when he drove us to the airport from Antigua he needed to pick us up at 4:30 AM and again was on-time and got us to the airport with absolutely no problems.

We will definitely look him up and use his company when we visit Antigua again next year.

5  Thank BobM0626