“Comfortable, convenient and excellent hospitality”
Review of Casa Menta Antigua

Casa Menta Antigua
Ranked #46 of 135 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I support what others have written about how welcoming it is to stay in Miwa and Kohei's home. The space is gorgeous- a lot of open air space between the back yard and garden and the lovely roof deck. The house is very comfortable and such a treat to truly share someone's home while traveling. Miwa and Kohei are very helpful in answering all kinds of questions. The location is very convenient to the main square/park and it's easy to get around Antigua from here. I communicated with Miwa through the Casa Menta Antigua facebook page, which was super easy. She was quick to respond and I suggest checking out the facebook page in general as it has more pictures and great comments from past guests. The filtered water, coffee and eggs/toast for breakfast were really nice additions not found at other guest houses on my trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Casa Menta for a few nights in August 2013. I was attracted to Casa Menta by the owners' support for local businesses and their commitment to local agriculture. The house was lovely, clean, peaceful, and in a perfect location a few blocks from Antigua's central plaza, and Miwa and Kohei were fun, helpful, accommodating, and very responsive throughout the booking process and beyond. This was actually the second time I tried to stay at Casa Menta. The first time, in April of this year, though they didn't have any rooms available, Miwa and Kohei talked to other guesthouse-owning friends of theirs on my behalf to see if they had any space in their homes. We would absolutely return again. Thank you, Miwa and Kohei, for your hospitality (and the arugula blossoms)!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulianaQM
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We spent two nights in this wonderful house in Antigua. The location is great, just a couple of blocks from the main square. Miwa and Kohei are so welcoming and I have to mention their gorgeous dog Coco! We had the best coffee of our trip here and there is also complimentary water, eggs and toast. We also had hot water, proper full length towels and lovely shampoo and soap.
We had to get a shuttle on our last morning at 4.00 and Miwa and Coco got up with us and waited with us for twenty minutes until our shuttle came. We were very touched by how thoughful this was so thank you Miwa! Catherina and Oisin.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Don`t come here, better stay away. As I wouldn't like it to get more difficult to book ;) Perfect place, with perfect hosts and great atmosphere, nothing more to say. It was a highlight of our trip to Guatemala. Miwa san and Kohei san thank you for the time you generously shared with us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

The owners of the Casa Menta guesthouse are really what makes the place. They are so friendly and generous with their time. They give good and honest recommendations on activities, restaurants, etc.
I had the opportunity to stay here for several weeks and the house itself is as great as the owners. Two gardens, a roof deck and beautifully decorated indoor space. Staying here is so much more than just getting a room to sleep in.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My friend recommended me this hotel and this was wonderful place as he said. I only stayed two nights and almost no chance to talk with Miwa san and her husband, Kohei san, but when I came back to hotel for picking up some things I happened to see Miwa san and her husband enjoy cooking with the other guests or Miwa san take lesson of making cloth with other guests by local woman at their beautiful garden. If I could stay there longer and had time, I really wanted to join them. Casa Menta will not only give all guests a clean, comfortable and nice accommodation, but also a chance to meet people all over the world. Tks, Miwa san and Kohei san. I will surely be back to stay your hotel. Hasta pronto!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Menta Antigua very very much. The hosts were helpful and friendly. Miwa even took us to the market with her and showed us around. Kohei had decorated the house and it was beautiful. Our bed and room was very comfortable and was close to the bathroom, so sharing was no problem. The bed had a lovely handwoven naturally dyed blanket. We liked it so much we bought one for ourselves in San Juan.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple