“A surprising treat!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A surprising treat!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I didn't know this museum was also a hotel, so I felt like I was sneaking around inside for a while until I realized what was going on. The inside is so beautiful, there were gardens, fountains, a parrot park and ancient ruins all inside the hotel! When I went there was some kind of high profile wedding going on so it was really exciting to see all the glamorous people attending the wedding. It is a little on the edge of Antigua so I wouldn't suggest going alone or at night. I forgot to mention it is one of the best locations for photos if you want very diverse backgrounds for some selfies or even professional photos,

Visited March 2014
1 Thank BrittaniaBear

• Korean first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not the nicest”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a huge hotel, is nice and clean. Buuuuut, is far from everything so walking back at night was scary. It was a monastery so they have monastery music all the time, which makes it creepy. Is an expensive hotel and NOTHING is included, not even Wifi ($8 per HOUR). Plenty other hotels in town that are nicer, better location, breakfast, wifi, water and coffee included.

2 Thank meli_pani
North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Museum and grounds were beautiful”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My daughter and I spent an afternoon here after taking Spanish classes in the morning. The property has a number of museums on site and we paid the admission to tour all of them. The grounds are lush and clean. There are a number of macaws that are displayed as you enter the central part of the hotel. We were not hotel guests, so we didn't head over to the pool area, but it looked very well maintained.

As we walked around, we were caught in an afternoon thunderstorm, so we waited out the storm in the open air church area. Stunning setting for a mass or wedding. We spent a few hours at Casa Santo Domingo and found it to be a fun place to spend our free time.

Visited June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Romantic Date Night Dinner Place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There's nothing like it. If you're in Antigua stop by and wander around the grounds, they're open to anyone not just hotel guests. The restaurant is beautiful at night with candles lit everywhere, rose petals in water basins. It's really pretty and full of history. I think they have a Mass on Sundays in the chapel area of the hotel.

1 Thank Mmdlbs
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful grounds and museum”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Beautiful stop on our walking tour of Antigua that made me wish I was staying here. Worth a stop to see the grounds and museum.