“Nothing not to like about this place”
Review of Le Petit Saint Malo - CLOSED

Le Petit Saint Malo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Best crepes and galettes in town! "What's a galette?" - you may ask. Well, it's a savory crepe made out of buckwheat which means it's gluten free. Delicious, healthy and all for a great price. We also have fresh and organic salads, delicious soups, excellent sandwiches, wines and some original French drinks like Ricard, Diablo and Apple Sider...not putting aside a really cold Gallo (home beer)! And, did we mention delicious sweet crepes (nutella, caramel, chocolate)? Come join our original French restaurant just half a block away from Antigua's Central Park. We offer you the real Bretagne (France) crepes...a taste you cannot miss!
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a light meal and the receptionist at our hotel recommended Le Petit Saint Malo. We were welcomed by the chef, a French gentleman from Brittany. The waitress was very polite and catered to all our needs. We all ordered crepes that we very tasty. Would love to return.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We just happened to be walking by this place and looked in. We decided to stay and look at the menu. Amazing crepes. I had the best spinach, chicken in cheese crepe. Worth finding this place and giving it a try.

1  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Even though eating crêpes became quite trendy in Guatemala since a few years now, it is really hard, not to say impossible, to find the authentic dish in any place selling "crêpes".

However, I can finally say there is one place, THE place to have the real Breton experience in Guatemala!! Gallettes are excellent and taste just like in France, and as for sweet crêpes, keep it simple with sugar and butter, no need for more!!!

Le Petit Saint Malo, definitely a must-visit in Antigua.

2  Thank Anais_Faure
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Finally some real Crepes... Excellent crepes, really good, how a Crepe should be nice and thin. Great flavors, good service, owner/cook was really nice, we even chatted a little bit about belgian beers. Only downside was that my girlfriends crepe, had a little bit too much chocolate sauce, a bit overpowering; however mine was awesome.

Honeslty I think best crepes I've had in the country, next time I'll try a gallete.

Another thing is, I guess inner decoration could be enhanced a bit to appeal to more audiences, I'm not saying it's ugly, just that it could get better, this is a must when you think of the location, (almost at the exit of Antigua)...

What I loved where the thinness of the crepes, everywhere else they don't serve crepes but large pancakes...

1  Thank JuanCarlosMoncada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you love crepes but have never tried the galette, you are in for a treat at Le Petit Saint Malo. A specialty that hails from the Northwestern province of Brittany in France, the Breton galette is a large thin Buckwheat flour pancake that can be served with a variety of fillings including meat, fish, vegetables and cheese. We savored the galette du jour, which was stuffed with salmon, potatoes and topped with a blue cheese cream sauce. The galette was as good as any I tasted when I spent a Christmas in Brittany, however, I thought the amount of sauce a bit excessive and would have used slightly less. The savory galettes are served with fresh greens from a nearby organic farm and were nicely dressed.
The décor at Le Petit Saint Malo is especially charming and reminiscent of Brittany’s rocky coastline. And the provincial white flag with little black crosses is proudly displayed in the dining area. Most of all, the owners and hosts are particularly welcoming and helpful and made us feel right at home. I am very much looking forward to returning here to sample one of many varieties of dessert crepes that are served with a sweet filling such as fresh fruit or chocolate. A bientot!

3  Thank CookingDiva57