“Very Nice View” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Nice View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

318 Steps to the top, 100% worth it. An incredible view an easy scenic climb. Look for the cell tower designed to look like a real tree. Why are we doing that everywhere.

Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Antigua, Guatemala
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Night-time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

OK, I know I shouldn't say this but this is the most amazing place to visit at Night. Just carry your handgun with you because it's a bit shady of a walk through the forest to get there.

Visited July 2014
Antigua, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I lived in Antigua for a couple years, and I went here soooo many times. The first time, of course, was for the awesome view. But I also went a few times a week for exercise. Sometimes I would go alone, sometimes with a friend, sometimes I'd bring a friend's dog. Don't be scared away by all the stuff you hear about it not being safe and not to go. Just use common sense! Don't go before the sun is out, and don't go after the sun goes down! Pay attention to who is behind you, in front of you, in the trees, etc. Obviously, it is best to go with a group of people. There are usually 2-3 police scattered about up there (though not all police are "good" police.) I never felt scared when I was up there. So definitely go up to the cross. It only takes maybe 10 min or so to go up there (there are cement steps/path).

Visited August 2013
Kentucky
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Epic views of Antigua ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Put this visit at the top of your list when in Antigua. The views stay with you forever and the possibilities for photos with your groups are endless. It's also good to see how the city between the 3 majestic volcanos towering above.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Despite some opposition in our group due to rumored security issues, I insisted we give the hike a try. And everyone was so thankful that I did. The view was breathtaking. Due to the age/health of some of our groups, we took a taxi up the mountain, we were dropped up approx 50 yards from the cross. Security was definitely not an issue - there were several cops around. Worth the hike, or taxi ride. How you get there doesn't matter - just go see it!

Visited June 2014