“Amazing little gem”

Cafe Boheme Guatemala
Ranked #3 of 13 Dessert in Antigua
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The food there is amazing, the owner is so sweet and the wifi is high speed so perfect for skypeing or other things you need to do. Dont miss out on this amazing gem

1  Thank ThelmaBjork

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here are leaving an overpriced cafe on the square. The food, coffee and service was excellent. Cheap as well. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It's the best coffee we've found in Central America. Cafe Boheme has just moved from the above to: 5 Calle Poniente Casa #12B.

It's small, and runs a very personal service. Coffee is the best, snacks are good, prices very reasonable. Today we were offered scrumptious, newly-baked thin circles of biscuits with our coffee. Decor includes antiques and interesting photos of Europe on the wall.

Your first encounter with Cafe Boheme may well be Chaim: immaculately-dressed promoter, who also plays guitar and sings for you while you're at the cafe. This is one very unique experience that you wouldn't want to miss.

1  Thank trishafine
Reviewed 9 March 2014

After being enticed into Cafe Boheme by Chaim, an enegetic cheerful man touting for business in the street outside, I wasn't expecting much. However this small nicely decorated cafe proved to be a gem. The coffee is outstanding and simply the best I've tasted in Central America (even better than at the local coffee plantation). The snacks on offer are simple but good and everything inexpensive. Most surprisingly, as well as being so friendly and welcoming, Chaim turns out to be very knowledgeable, speaks at least 4 languages and is a pretty good guitarist and singer. Once visited a second visit will quickly follow - guaranteed. NOTE: Cafe Boheme has moved to just round the corner at: 5 CALLE PONIENTE, #12b

Reviewed 22 February 2014

After ignoring the dapper gentleman on the corner in his burlap coffee-bag apron and cute little hat urging passersby to come try "the best coffee in Guatemala" on my first day in Antigua, I had to make a stop on the second day. I got a "latte to go" to enjoy in the Parque Central. The delightful owner insisted that I try it and pass judgement before I left the shop. I had to agree. . . it was incredible! The barrstas, a different one on each of my two visits, are artists! They each crafted a perfect latte from perfectly roasted and ground beans.
The cafe, itself, is tiny with a cozy atmosphere and decorated with more of the burlap coffee-bag fabric on the chair covers at the bar and at the few small tables.
Next time I'm in Antigua, I intend to plan my visit around a lunch or snack so I can try one of the sandwiches off the board.