“Relaxing in Antigua”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mansion del Pensativo
Ranked #67 of 135 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2008

We stayed here for five nights with two other couples and it was a great pick for us. The location is central, the courtyard second to none, the staff friendly and helpful, and the rooms spacious. In particular, we really liked the sala, as it gave us a great meeting place for a drink before heading out for dinner.

The only thing that is stopping me from giving this hotel an excellent rating is that it is dated. I really felt like I was back in the late 1960's or early 1970's, as much of the decor is from that era. The pool chairs required a much need coat of paint.

As others have said, try and get one of the four suites away from the road to avoid the street noise. The hotel is not on a busy street, but it only takes one vehicle coming by late at night to wake you up. Our room was inside the courtyard, and we didn't hear a thing.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Panchoy

Reviewed 26 November 2007

Wow. This hotel is really amazing. My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. Antigua is full of beautiful hotels so I really did my research before chosing this property. I was nervous because I had such high expectations based on the reviews that I was sure I would be a little disappointed. This was completely unfounded and the reviews were correct. If you are in Antigua, stay at this hotel. It was so small and private that we felt like we were the only guests even though the hotel was full. The staff was amazing and did everything possible to accomodate us and make us feel special. The grounds are beautiful and perfectly maintained. I really felt like I was in paradise every time I walked through the gates into the hotel gardens. This is the place to stay if you want to relax and really get away from stress and worry.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jechath
Reviewed 8 September 2007

I can't say enough about this beautiful hotel and the wonderful people who work at it. My only hesitation is that if I say too much the next time we are in Antigua it will be booked! The hotel is located about six blocks from the town square so it is wonderfully located. The hotel is well maintained, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is always willing to lend a hand and the atmosphere is so peaceful. We will definately stay here again when we are lucky enough to return to beautiful Guatemala.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank stillgirl
Reviewed 7 July 2007

We stayed for three days and had a wonderful visit. The staff was very attentive--I would rate the service as wonderful. The grounds are very relaxing. I would try to get an inside room as some trucks made noise on the street side. Take an afternoon to lie in the hammocks by the pool!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Countrylawyer
Reviewed 25 February 2007

This place was great for kids too. Not too far from the center, the staff was very friendly and the pool was cold, but nice. The kids loved the big hammocks and every morning there was a great breakfast that was included in the price.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank janeebSeattle
Reviewed 17 January 2007

I'm not sure I can add much to what's been said already, but we highly recommend this small B&B if you are travelling in Antigua. It is very convenient, relaxing and has a gracious staff. The gardens are beautiful and there is a nice heated pool surrounded by comfortable chairs and hammocks - very handy when travelling with kids. Good coffee is plentiful and breakfast is served with a beautiful volcano view.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank ruthbern
Reviewed 7 January 2007

We spent our first night in Antigua at this charming bed and breakfast. The staff were very accomodating- our room was not ready but they held our luggage, served us drinks and we were able to relax at the pool on shaded hammocks. The gardens are pretty with great volcano views. Our room had a fireplace and a large bathroom- it was a bit noisy since it was on the street side. This hotel is only three blocks from the main square.

• Stayed: January 2007