“Pleasant, Relaxing Stay”

and 1 more site!
Casa Florencia Hotel
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was pretty and had a great bed and tv. The breakfast was simple and the wifi was a bit slow. La Merced is 10 mins away by foot. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing stay this is a great place!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has great view of volcano!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Casa Florencia Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I lived at the Casa Florencia Hotel for two weeks and I cannot say enough about the fine quality of this hotel. The staff was great and supportive. I even felt they were in league with my teacher to help me speak better spanish. The rooms were simple but amazingly clean. The staff could not of been nicer. I would highly recommend this hotel for tourism or study. It is close to everything but quiet enough for a good sleep. Much thanks to everyone at the Case Florencia for your kindness and wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a very good place to stay while in Antigua. The price is right and the owner, Patricia, is efficient and professional. The staff is helpful. The rooms, I have stayed on both upper and lower levels, are clean and comfortable. The upper floor has a view of the volcanoes and seems brighter. Breakfast is provided, usually in the Cafe next door. The young lady there is very nice and she prepares the food. Good service, good coffee and it is included in the price of the stay. A bit away from the center makes for a better nocturnal experience. Roosters, firecrackers and dogs are a part of life in Guatemala. However this is a nice peaceful place, very secure. You can't go wrong staying at Casa Florencia while in Antigua.

Room Tip: upper level has a volcano view, brighter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed 6 July 2014

They were very accomodating, allowing a late checkout and watching our bags after a late checkout. The location was convenient, walking distance to everything. Breakfasts were good and ready super early which worked well for our schedule. We stayed there on recommendation from a friend and were glad we did and will recommend it to others. Will stay there again if we return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the upper level to see the volcano, (super cheap.) But know that you won't be able to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deana J
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have been staying at the Casa Florencia in Antigua, Guatemala for a week for the past 3 years with a University and 20 students. In addition, I went for a long weekend with my husband in 2013 for a long weekend.
The staff is very accommodating and professional. If we needed anything, they were willing and accessible. The hotel is extremely clean and reasonable in price. It is a short walk on pleasant streets to the main church plaza and even shorter to the main thoroughfare for shopping and touristy stuff. It is safe and quiet. The second floor has a beautiful open veranda with a view of two volcanoes.

This is the place to stay when visiting Antigua. I can't imagine a better deal and a kinder staff.

Room Tip: Top floor is best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Florencia/Antigua, Owner at Casa Florencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that once again, you appreciated your stay at our Casa Florencia. We do take pride in providing immaculately clean accommodations and good value. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team!!!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Your Casa Florencia Hotel Family

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is my third TripAdvisor review of the Hotel Casa Florencia. I’ve visited Antigua three times, and all three times I’ve stayed in the Hotel Casa Florencia. I have been very happy with my stay each time.

Everything I said in my previous reviews (in 2011 and 2012) still applies. One of the hallmarks of the Casa Florencia is that it is incredibly clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The prices are quite reasonable. A full breakfast at the Me Late Café is included with the room (on busy days breakfast is served on the first floor of the hotel instead of in the cafe). Hotel security is very good. The entrance is always locked and there is always someone on duty.

Antigua is a fairly small town – it’s approximately contained in a 10 by 10 grid of streets, so everything is within easy walking distance for the typical tourist (and tuk tuks are often readily available if you don’t want to walk). It is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel to Central Park, and in that 15 minute stretch you’ll go by a large number of restaurants and tourist attractions. One of my favorites was the New Sensation dance studio, about one block from the hotel, where I took a number of excellent and inexpensive salsa classes.

This year I visited during Semana Santa (Holy Week) and found that a number of processions passed right in front of the hotel – very convenient. (However, if you visit during Semana Santa – and you should! – you’ll definitely want to walk all over town.) I saw many beautiful alfombras during my visit, but one of my favorites was literally just a few steps away from the hotel. See picture.

Keep in mind that my 5-star rating of Casa Florencia doesn’t mean that it is a luxury hotel. If you want spas, swimming pools and hot tubs, you’ll need to go somewhere else. But Casa Florencia is an excellent hotel for the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at Casa Florencia several times. Always, the service is top notch. It is a small charming hotel. The rooms and hotel are immaculate. Patricia has always been helpful arranging taxi service to and from the Airport. The hotel is a bit outside of the main area, but I consider this a plus. The stone streets in town are VERY noisy and if you are iin a busy area or get stuck with a room near the street - watch out. Besides, Antigua is a fairly small, very easily navagatible city so its "distance" shouldn't be an issue. CF doesn't have any street side rooms, they are along an open hallway with room to sit read, or work (if you must) with bouganvillia and hanging ferns.

Room Tip: Credit cards are not accepted, but US Dollars are.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business