We stayed at Hotel Casa Cristina at the beginning of our trip for a night and then another night, before we got a shuttle to Guatemala City to head home and would recommend. I think most hotels in Antigua have a sense of character and you need to remember that you are not in the states so expectations need to be set accordingly.
* The staff was very helpful and did speak English which was super helpful considering my struggling Spanish
* They were able to coordinate a private shuttle for my and my boyfriend for reasonable cost ($32 for both) which was great for an early pick-up to make a noon flight in Guatemala City
* The rooms were very clean
* There is a nice rooftop terrace with a couple of benches in the shade and a couple of plastic chairs with a good view
* Did have purified water, coffee and breakfast pastries
* Reservations were easy to make!
* Easy walk to some of Arch of Santa Catalina and the plaza
* We found it to be limited on dining options nearby; we were short on time the nights we stayed which kept us from wandering too far, so we stuck with the place around the corner, but that isn't the hotels fault. If you have limited time, you might want to stay a little closer to the main plaza which might be closer to more options (although the Cafe Diego around the corner was great!)
* The showers were pretty small, but I found this to be standard in all the places we stayed in Guatemala
Overall a great hotel, super friendly and i would recommend. I would go for a room on the 3rd floor; you get a nice view and may avoid the in-and-outs of people in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Casa Cristina. Cozy Bed and Breakfast. All rooms with private bath and hot water. Safe and central location, only 4 blocks from Antigua's Central Park. Our rooms have comfortable beds with white sheets and towels.We have a computer available free to our guest at any time and wireless access for guests traveling with Laptops in most rooms. On our roof-top terrace our guests can enjoy the view of Antigua and our surrounding 3 volcanoes or read a book in the sun (or shade). ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cristina Hotel
- Casa Cristina Antigua Guatemala