“A great little place with great food”

El Fogon de la Abuela Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Guatemalan, South American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A little place with a big flavor! we are a local own restaurant with good options for Traditional Guatemala food and international! we are looking forward to meet you!!
Antigua, Guatemala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great little place with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have walked by this restaurant everyday for the past month, and today I decided to give it try. What a pleasant surprise, the food was excellent and the price was budget friendly also. This place is must if you visit Antigua. I will return!

• Visited August 2014

Tulum, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, amazing price... A must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a tour group of 18 people. Not one person had a single complaint. The food was amazing and the price was too. I had the rosemary chicken but most people had the mixed kebab. We all went back the next night because everything was so delicious. Also, great service and staff. A must go in Antigua! Thank you!!

1 Thank Marliese3
“Came back for more!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We wanted something good and tasty that wasn't going to cost the earth and we definitely found it here! Plates full of food - including loads of veggies - and helpful staff. Thanks!

• Visited July 2014
“Delicious food, helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here with friends recently and was blown away by the meals. I had the Guatemalan Churasco which included a beautifully marinated steak, chorizo, sweet corn, steamed vegetables and potato. The meal we had was so good we went back the next night to try some of the other options.
My friends had the chicken in special cream sauce and the mixed kebab which were both generous portions and cooked perfectly.
The value for money here is amazing and I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal out while in Antigua.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Matt G
Beijing, China
“Do yourself a favour: eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This lovely family owned and run restaurant in Antigua is an absolute delight. The homely feel combined with gorgeous (cheap) food and great wind made for a perfect night out. I ordered the chicken with special cream sauce and was glad I did. Many dishes come with a great selection of sides, including guacamole, vegetables or rice. My friend and I splurged and ordered two desserts, the brownie and the cheesecake - yum! You'll consider yourself lucky to have eaten here in beautiful Central America, I know I do.

• Visited July 2014