“Quaint, cozy, and comfortable”

Real Plaza Hotel Suites
Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
Conroe, Texas
“Quaint, cozy, and comfortable”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Typical colonial hotel . The place is well kept, everything was clean we had absolutely no problems with safety. The yard is stunning with complete attention to detail. Wifi is spotty in certain areas (if you're in to that sort of thing). I was completely satisfied and would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Antigua.

Room Tip: Try to select a room which doesn't back up to the road frontage. It can get a bit noisy since t...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HarpAggie2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
granada hills
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We made a reservation in November with my family and many of my other family members and friends to stay here. Without notice they canceled our reservation knowing that this reservation was made about 9 months ago WITH A DEPOSIT. I'M GOING TO WARN TRAVELERS THAT THIS HOTEL IS NOT SUITABLE FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO STAY.
OTTO E. USA, GRANADA HILLS, CA

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Otto E
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is not your typical hotel with hairdryers and irons. Instead, it is gorgeous rustic living among beautiful gardens and the spirit of Guatemala. A wonderful retreat from big city American living. The staff was very friendly and helpful even though I did not speak Spanish. I felt safe and well attended to during my stay. I enjoyed it so much I plan to go back later this year. I was sad to leave this little paradise in the center of Antigua and look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Because the property is all stucco/cement and tile floors, noise does carry. I brought a baby white...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aislinn3912
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We booked 90% of the Hotel 4 a weddding 4 3 days. Be4 the event we had the worst service ever while we were getting ready 4 the wedding.we've been literally insulted by the owner when we complained 4 the bad service and efficiency. It was the 2nd time we stayed there but still the service was very poor. We asked for the minimum service details we supposed 2 have for a 3/4 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Figueroa_Family
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 30 August 2010

the hotel is really nice, but I asked for an iron, and I was waiting more than 2 hours, and they didn't care how mad I was, specially because I supossed to be in a first comunion at 8 and my dress was needing the iron :), so i just hate the hotel.
so, I can recommend the hotel, but don't forget bring with you your entire house, because they will not provide you anything!!
the hotel is really nice, but is so sad that they dont think in the customer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Didi073
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Our mission group stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. Immediate and personal service. Beautiful grounds with lots of room to relax. Felt very private and clean. Pool was the perfect, refreshing temperature. About 5 blocks walk to the park and market. Delicious breakfast. Free internet.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Rebbar
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2010

we were only at this hotel for one night however it proved to be a very pleasant stay. The rooms are spacious and full of character, the grounds seem to go on forever, ending up at the restaurant and swimming pool. We did not eat at the restaurant, it seemed quiet and somewhat uninviting. We opted to walk downtown to the many great restaurants around the square. Be sure to take a tuk tuk or a cab back after dark!
The one major downside to this hotel is its location, It is a good 10min walk to the square, the good part was that we found a great little wine bar about halfway, it only has seating for about 5 couples but very charming and quite intimate and cozy. you can't miss it if you walk.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple