Posada de San Carlos
Hotel Casa Rustica(Antigua)(Great Value!)
Casa Florencia Hotel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$50
San Jorge Hotel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Meson del Valle(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$115
Cancelon
  • Pool
Hotel Cirilo(Antigua)
Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclose to central parkhot waterhighly recommend a staywarm hospitalityclean roomstreated like familyvisiting guatemalaroom numberdorm bedsnice courtyardspecial thanksperfect locationfree drinking waterlaundry servicemain plazalake atitlanhazel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I made our reservation thinking Hostal Posada San Carlos wouldn't meet our expectations. We were so wrong! Carlos and Hazel greeted us in a very welcoming way. Hospitality was five stars and beyond. Even my kids were treated with such kindness to the point that my son said that Carlos was one of the coolest guy in Guatemala. Carlos and my son played video games for a while at no charge. We had free wifi, clean rooms, ceiling fan, video surveillance for safety, hot water, towels and soup, daily maid service and much more. The restaurant offers great food. My favorite from their menu was the tamales, and my kids favorite were the delicious french toasts. In addition, there is a beautiful courtyard and a roof top terrace where we could eat, read, or just chill. Unfortunately we only stayed at San Carlos for two nights because we already had reservations in another hotel. And this is where Carlos went beyond. When it was time to move to the other hotel, he offered to give me a ride to the other hotel with my luggage, and he did. How cool is that!? Oh! and did I mention that this hotel is just a block and a half away from the central park? I highly recommend this place to any one. Thank you Carlos and Hazel for making us feel very comfortable.

Room Tip: The back rooms are very quiet but on weekends you might hear the noise coming from the streets. Pretty much anywhere in Guatemala you'll find some kind of noise. Therefore, bring comfortable earplugs. Remember! set your mind that Guatemala is a tropical place, so it is hot from April to November and it is rare to find a place with AC. The good thing is that it cools down every night where you might need a light sweater.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LovingFun
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The was the best decision of our trip. A girlfriend and I were balling on a budget through Guatemala, and this place was the best find of the trip. We got a room to ourselves (which could have slept 7 more people if we wanted) for such a good price. There was a party going on one of the days...so figure that in, but it was pretty quiet at night. The best was that we went out one night, and the next morning Carlos was worried because he hadn't seen me come in the night before. It was sweet that he kept tabs.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Afton H
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a pleasant, clean hotel/hostel just a few minutes away from the central park so there are many restaurants, shops and tourist attractions within close walking distance. They have a beautiful shady courtyard and a roof top terrace where you get great views of the sunsets and surrounding volcanoes. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. They speak English well but they are very patient if you want to practice your Spanish. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bob112112
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I stay in this lovely hostal four nights everything was great, carlos and hazel are such a wonderful people who truly believe what hospitality is, the rooms are clean bathrooms and they willing to go extra mile to give u the best service they made sure u feel safe! If u bored at night Carlos will make good company his such a character either watch a movie or simple have conversation or there are always groups talking about their life in the garden/hallway. Make sure u booked your tours with them, they on time very professional. I can sit here and write a book how wonderfully this place was and Antigua is like back in time lovely :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank titi110580
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend and I were delighted to find such a charming hostel right in the heart of Antigua.
We were met by owner Carlos with a welcoming smile and loads of tips of places to eat and things to see for all budgets.

Carlos and his lovely wife assisted us with booking our day tours and transfers. We walked around and price compared and they definitely offered very competitive prices so were happy to go with booking through them.

This hostel boasts a zen garden courtyard and a stunningly spacious rooftop with a fabulous view of Volcane de Agua. I'm not sure why they don't utilize this space more.

The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable. They provide clean towels, soap and warm water. The rooms do get rather hot but the ceiling fan does help through the night. The rooms are cleaned daily like a hotel which is an added bonus! The walls are paper thin, but we were lucky to be there during a quiet time with a few other traveling couples. It's a great place to relax, read a book, peruse the internet (very speedy free wifi!) and put your feet up after a big day of exploring.

I greatly appreciated Carlos' attentiveness to safety. The Hostal was covered with surveillance cameras and the main entrance doors were locked and secured at night.

We had a terrific experience and I couldn't recommend Posada de San Carlos enough!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple