Candelaria Antigua Hotel
US$193
US$160
US$346
US$157
Hotel Meson del Valle(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$65
Hotel Casa Rustica(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$36
US$128
US$112
Orbitz.com
Hotel Casa Antigua(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$48
US$186
US$153
Hotwire.com
Hotel Casa Cristina(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$29
Posada La Merced Antigua(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$46
All reviewsbeautiful hotelrooftop terracefirst floortour groupbeautiful experiencecolonial styleopen courtyardshort walkwould definitely stay here againbreakfast includedstayed here for nightsthe main squareaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We stay one night in this hotel thats enough,very noisy ,the room are not that clean, and it is overpriced,they mention antique hotel i look around nothing antique. There at all,just all cheap copies and recontructions ,this hotel need to be renoveted,the maneger rudolfo very nice man and helpfull also the staff is ok .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
CandelariaManager, Manager at Candelaria Antigua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2010

I remember you well. Although I tried to be a very good host and explained you all the history around and took you and family to places... I am so sorry you are so mean and didn´t understood our country.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

I stayed here with a large group in 2007 for two nights. The rooms were nicely situated and clean (although we did have one person, out of a group of 20, report bed bugs). Location is great and they have a nice courtyard. Reception staff were friendly and got us checked in/out on time.

This definitely isn't anything luxurious, but if you're looking for an average/'middle of the road' place to have as your 'home base' in a convenient and safe location, this is a good option.

I would recommend this hotel if your expectations are in line with what I mention above.

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We saw website and had high expectations. We arrived to a small patio, filled with suitcases and rucksacks. The unfriendly receptionist said we could not book into our room as it was not ready. When we did finally have access, the room was dark, cramped and not especially clean. The hotel is a long walk from the centre of Antigua in a not very nice area. We took one look and booked out immediately and went to Casa Santo Domingo, which we would highly recommend. The hotel receptionist was going to charge for the whole of our stay, but finally, agreed that we pay 50% of one day. The payment was worth every penny for not having to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
CandelariaManager, Manager at Candelaria Antigua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2009

Thank you for taking the time and write a review.
Check-in time is at 3pm. You came before and did not accept the available room at the moment.

We understand it is a curvy road one hour trip to Antigua and you were tired and unwilling to hear the front desk.

Same day cancellation policies are accepted at reservation moment. We only hope you enjoyed town as much as we do everyday.

Reviewed 3 July 2009

I started here with three friends last April. I had done alot of research on hotels in Antigua. I decided on this hotel after reading the reviews plus they responded very quickly by email about the arrangements. From being pickup at the airport to the welcoming at the front desk it only got better from there. We were a group of 4, 3 women and 1 man. We had wanted a triple and a single. We were emailed back that that during this week-Holy week they didn't have the accommodations available. However, on arrival the asked for accommodations were waiting for us. They were patient with my 5year-old like spanish. As I was taking an online spanish course from a teacher based in Guatemala (Speakshop) my teacher mentioned she lived very near the hotel. She called and stopped by after few times we were out sightseeing. The day we were able to meetup the hotel staff was so respectful to her I almost cried. She had mentioned that she had never
been in the hotel before but had walked by many times. Beleieve me this is big, if you have ever traveled to countries where citizens of the country are not allowed in the hotels.
Wel they didnt stop here , one of my friends has a gastric situation- Celiac disease. If, you know anything about this disease it can make traveling even in the U.S. challenging.
at, breakfast upon seeing that my friend couldn't eat the breakfast, they inquired about what he could eat. His big thing is soy milk and plantains. They recommended a store to buy these items from. When we couldn't find the store, the kitchen put the items on their grocery list and had a breakfast waiting for my friend each day. Amazing. the rooftop, the rooms, the staff out of this world. Thanks to all at Candelaria especially the two Rudofols.
You run a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2009

The Candelaria is a lovely, old-style posada with courtyard, fountain, wooden beams, colorful textiles and fresh Guatemalan coffee for visitors in the lobby.

The staff was extremely hospitable and was eager to help. They were genuinely nice people who enjoyed associating with guests and helping them with every issue specially Moises.

The common areas and the rooms were immaculate . I would recommend to anyone to stay at suite 206, the decoration tipical of the regiont's amazing! There's free WIFI around the premises .
I will give my complements to the management, we had a package that includes a trip to the volcan of pacaya, but we were unable to go. Rodolfo was veryaccomodating and adjusted our rates.

WE will come back soon to visit our new friends soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple