“Best breakfast in Central America ”
Review of The Yellow House

The Yellow House
Ranked #11 of 107 Speciality Lodging in Antigua
Hobart, Australia
“Best breakfast in Central America ”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel is great for budget travellers who like to save money with breakfasts included. Best breakfast we've had so far in CA. The hostel is cleaned all day everyday so the bathrooms and toilets are always spotless. Cute rooms with comfy beds. Friendly staff who are really helpful when booking tours or transport around Antigua. Nice terrace to hang out and have a happy hour beer in the afternoon. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessamyrundle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hebrew first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed with my friends for only one night and this hostels has a perfcet value for money.
Clean rooms and toilets to share. In the morning the friendly stuff prepars breakfast for you which we enjoyed from the roof top terrasse. You shouldnt take the room next to the kitchen because the staffs start preparing food early in the morning ;)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I recently went to Guatemala alone with very few plans & very little (like none) Spanish. I soon realised that getting around the country was going to be tricky! Cecilia at yellow house was the most amazing help to me, not just by booking my entire trip from Antigua to Belize & back to Guatemala City, but helping me to feel as if I really could do it on my own and everything would be amazing, which it was! She was so resourceful, prompt to answer my emails, and quick to help me when I had to change plans a couple of times. I also stayed at the hostel for a few nights & found it friendly, clean & with a great breakfast & too porch for hanging! Please go see Cecilia at yellow house if you need I book things in Central America, I'm not a tour persona usually but she made it so easy & I really needed it. Plus she gives great hugs!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful rooftop terrace, very clean, comfortable beds, the BEST (included) breakfast ever, very helpful and friendly staff, free drinking water, and well located. To top it off, they are very eco-friendly, with recycling, solar panels, non-toxic cleaners, and more.

Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was without a doubt the cleanest hostel/hotel/guest house I have ever stayed in. The cleaning ladies are just amazing - you walk out of a bathroom and they go straight in to spruce it up again! The rooms were really comfortable and nicely decorated, and of course absolutely immaculate. Breakfast was lovely (and included) - lots of choice and eaten on the roof terrace. Not a party hostel so a quiet and safe place to stay as the doors are locked at night. The staff were very helpful and helped us book our onward bus travel. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I moved across the street to Yellow House because my room at Casa Jacaranda didn't have an outlet in the room. I was pleased to find that my room had not one but two outlets in a very small room with a single bed. I don't really care too much about the size of the room as I'm out on the town for most of the day anyways.

The bathrooms were very clean but they were downstairs. The upstairs terrace was nice and quiet with a couple hammocks and some couches. One of the ladies at the front desk spoke excellent English was helpful with booking shuttle buses and whatnot.

The only complaint I have it that there are no locks on the doors! It's the not the end of the world because I just took all my valuables with me, but I don't see why you can't either provide a lock during check in or offer them for a price. The lady handed me a key and it took my 15 minutes to figure out that it didn't actually do anything. It just had the number on it in case I forgot which room I was staying in...Maybe bringing your own lock and key is a common thing while backpacking, but I've honestly never seen it before.

Room Tip: Make sure you have your own lock.