We got a bit intimidated by Antigua upon our late night arrival - streets were quite empty, windows were ALL barred, and the closed doors of all buildings, including hotels were not inviting. The first two budget places we visited looked awful and we decided to upgrade. We walked into one of the hotels which turned out to be in a some kind of an Antiguan hotel network with Don Valentino - this first place did not have spare rooms but they refered us to Don Valention round the corner.
Don Valentino is nice and clean, though our room was quite tiny. And surprisingly it was also quite pricey as most of the hotels and restaurants in Antigua seem to be.
Staff was friendly, helped us to arrange the trip we wanted, and we could exchange cash in a hotel (a better rate than at the border with Mexico, definitely DO NOT exchange too much money at the border). Antigua is a small town, so you are close to everywhere.
Opossite Don Valentino there is a restaurant - again expensive like every other "American" place in Antigua, but serving nice food + with a live band.
Internet will cost you a small charge.
All in all, I would stay there again, I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful mid-range hotel in the heart, of the majestic colonial city of Antigua Guatemala. We offer everything you could need during your stay in Antigua. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible and get the most out of your visit to our beautiful city. Our hotel is in the perfect spot, only 2 blocks to our beautiful central park, only 2 blocks to our tourist market, close to lots of restaurants and other services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Posada Don Valentino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Don Valentino Antigua Guatemala
- Posada Don Valentino Hotel